Chapter Eight: A Conversation With Fire

(*Disclaimer: The letter in this chapter from the character Naomi Moonfall was written by the character's creator, @hpgeekgirl_14 Necessary edits for grammar and punctuation were made by me.)

This time, Elizabeth wasn't allowed to leave the infirmary for several days. She even had new glasses by the time she left. Same frames, new lenses. Thankfully, no incident had passed. Elizabeth spent that week recuperating. Trois visited her every other day and Cell Thirteen visited her a couple times as well. She was touched by how much her fellow inmates cared. Hajime came in once to ask her about what happened. She was terrified to explain, but she did. Hajime may be terrifying in his own right, but she could trust him. She made sure to include the part about Elf coming to silence her so that Hajime would know the dangers of blabbing.

Now that Elizabeth was free to go back to her cell, she didn't want to. Her cell meant isolation, and isolation meant danger. As she was walking back, escorted by a guard, Seitarou came up to her with an envelope.

"Your friend replied," Seitarou explained, handing her the letter. "Don't worry, we've already been through it. Nothing bad is in there."

Elizabeth took it, thanking Seitarou. When she got back to her cell, she opened it.

Heya Idjit!

It's nice to hear from you again. I was beginning to worry that you've forgotten about me. Okay, not really, but anyways, I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Since we last saw each other in Greece, I've been in and out of roughly seven prisons. I am now in a "high security" prison called Devil's Gate in Australia. It's not as bad as it sounds but it's definitely no Nanba from the rumors I've heard. The food is god awful and there's nothing to do during free time. Those are my only two complaints, though. I'll definitely be out of here soon enough. Who knows? Maybe I will end up in Nanba one day.

As for this Inmate Fifteen and this Elf character. . . all I know of them are rumors that spread around the Thai prison when inmates went missing. Based on what you've wrote though, I can't help but assume they're true, especially since the one about Fifteen's shackles is. Here's what I've heard. There are rumors of an organization doing human experiments on inmates from around the world, which would explain the "specimen". These experiments are supposedly an attempt to create horrid weapons. Human weapons of mass destruction. Elf, I'm assuming, has something to do with this organization. What exactly it is, I don't know, but what I do know is something you've probably already figured out. Elf is a dangerous man (if you'd even call him one), whether he is working for an organization or not. Please be careful!

On a lighter note, I'm excited to hear that someone's sparked your interest. Trois sounds like a cool guy, past the pervert bit, especially with the fact that he was arrested for an illegal flamethrower. That's definitely not a story you hear every day! I hope we see each other again sometime soon. In the meantime, enjoy Nanba Prison. It doesn't sound too bad.
Yours truly,
Assbutt (Naomi Moonfall)*

Naomie's reply hadn't assured Elizabeth all that much. If anything, it had made her more anxious. Human weapons of mass destruction. Is that what Elf wanted Elizabeth to be? A weapon of mass destruction? Not if she could help it. Maybe Nanba would notice that she tended to be getting attacked a lot and put extra security by her cell. Hopefully. In any case, she had to get this letter to Hajime as soon as possible. That meant using her bobby pins.

---

"Hey, Hajime!" Elizabeth said, walking into the guard room.

"Jeez!" Hajime jumped, knocking some papers onto the floor. "I thought only Fifteen would give me this kind of trouble."