08

"You fell out of a tree? What are you, an acorn?!"

Evan blushed as Jared Klienman laughed hard at the story Evan had just told. It hurt, it really did, having his friend laugh at him like that.

"Y-you'll sign my cast, right?" Evan asked but in a soft, insecure tone.

"What? You're joking right?" Jared managed to stop his laughs for a brief moment, before laughing again.

"Wow Kleinman, you really are an asshole."

Jared quickly turned his attention to none other than Connor Murphy, who had his arms crossed currently.

Jared simply rolled his eyes, not seeming to care, "Wow, overreact much?"

"How about underreact? Your friend just broke his arm! And you're too stubborn to sign his cast?!" Connor growled, curling his fists.

"It's none of your business, Murphy. Now move, I can't be late to class," Jared said, crossing his arms.

"It is my business. Evan is my friend," Connor said to him.

Jared gave him a look of disbelief, before scoffing and walking off, "I don't have time for this.."

Connor walked forwards to Evan, "Hey, you okay?"

"You didn't have to do that.." Evan said, twiddling his fingers.

"But I wanted to. How about I walk you to class?"

"Connor, you really don't-"

"C'mon, I insist. What's your first class?"

"Accounting.."

"Then it's settled. Let's go," Connor said, putting a hand onto Evan's shoulder, and lead him to his first hour.

Evan looked around nervously, afraid of attracting unwanted attention to himself. He wasn't ashamed of Connor, in fact he was truly glad to have him around. But there were incredibly judging people who would gossip and spread rumors. Just the thought made him nervous.

Within a matter of seconds, they were at Accounting. Evan snapped back into reality and blushed. He looked at Connor and said, "Hey, thanks.. For everything."

"No problem, Ev," Connor smiled back at him, before turning around. "Gotta get to class. See ya!" He said, before walking down the hallway.

Evan couldn't seize his smile, he simply looked down at the floor as he walked in and to his computer, and after taking his seat the bell rang not a moment later.

"Alright everyone, now let's cut the chitchat and get to work! Turn on your computers and go to our classroom website, as you'll see I posted a set of instructions for your next project. At ease, Mr. Hansen, you get the choice to work alone if you please. Now, get to work!" The teacher said, going to their desk.

Evan watched as most students went to work in groups, as some stayed by themselves. He couldn't help but get one thought out of his head; did Connor make it in time for class?

It was silly, but he was curious. He was far out of the teacher's line of sight so it wouldn't hurt to check his email..

Making up his mind, he quickly pulled up his email and typed out a quick message.

"Hey Connor, just wondering, but did you make it to class in time? The bell rang kinda fast."

Evan left it up and started to work, but didn't expect Connor to reply.

"Ha, nope. If I'm late one more time I may get detention."

"Ah man, I shouldn't have let you walk me to class in the first place!"

"Hey Ev, it's alright. Detention isn't bad, just boring."

"Well Connor I've never been in detention before."

"That's good. You don't seem like the type to go looking for trouble."

The two ended up sending emails throughout all of their classes. Connor was an expert at hiding his phone and Evan had more than one class that required a computer.

Soon the end of the day rolled by, and Connor was slightly disappointed for it to end. He really enjoyed sending emails to Evan throughout the day. He enjoyed just talking with Evan in general.

Connor waited for Evan at his locker, pondering some schemes on how to hang out with him.

The Orchard? No, he broke his arm there.
The Murphy Household? That'd probably be a bit awkward. Ruling out Evan's house as well.
A La Mode? That seemed like a good idea.

"Connor.. Connor.." A faint voice said

"C-Connor!" Evan called, snapping Connor out of his thoughts.

"Sorry Ev," Connor said, moving out of Evan's way so he could get his stuff.

"You okay? You seemed lost in thought.." Evan said softly, shoving his things into his bag.

"I'm fine, I was just thinking.." Connor said thoughtfully, somewhat hesitating.

"T-thinking what?" Evan asked, pulling out his bag and shutting his locker door.

"How about I take you somewhere for a bite to eat? I promise it'll be great!" Connor smiled, thinking about how much of a good time they could have there.

"Oh uh, sure! Where are we heading?" Evan put his bag around his shoulders.

"It's a surprise."

"Another one of your surprises? Oh good lord.."

A/N: Heh, I'm staying up for this but screw it. Enjoy the chapter, I'm going to get some sleep