09

Trigger Warning: Homophobes, homophobic slurs, panic attack

"C-Connor! Slow d-down! Y-you're gonna crash t-the car!"

"Not now, Evan. I know what I'm doing."

"I-I am legitimately f-fearing for mY LIFE-" Evan's voice cracked ridiculously as Connor took a sharp turn.

Connor snorted at his reaction. "My fucking God, you didn't act like this the last few times I drove."

"You were following the speed limit, taking slow turns, oh, and not blasting 80's music!" Evan states, nervously holding onto the rail above him.

"Oh calm down!" Connor laughed, making another sharp turn into A La Mode's parking lot, quickly parking to the side since there wasn't any lines, and pulled out his keys.

Evan put a hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat probably faster than what it should've. He looked outside the window, "W-where are we?"

"A La Mode, home of the best ice cream to ever fucking exist. Well, in this town," Connor stated, exiting the car.

Evan undid his seatbelt and quickly got out, exhaling as he got out. "You nearly gave me a heart attack! M-my pulse is rushing.."

Connor went and put a hand on his shoulder, "That's called adrenaline, Evan. Now c'mon, let's head inside," he said, leading Evan inside the small ice cream parlor.

Evan made a smile as he looked around the parlor. It was small, but not too small. It looked like it had been from the 1960's which he absolutely adored. Heck, even the cash registers were old timey and accepted cash only.

Connor went and grabbed two small menus, handing one to Evan. Evan scanned through the menu slowly, thinking about what to order. Connor was just looking for any new flavors.

"I know what I'm getting. What about you, Ev?" Connor said, looking down at him.

"I-I was thinking of getting just some n-normal chocolate flavored ice cream.. I-is that okay?" Evan asked.

Connor rolled his eyes, "That's a boring flavor, it's so generic."

"W-well, is there any other good flavors?" Evan looked at his menu.

Connor then grinned, "Their Cookies and Cream is to die for. You gotta try it."

"What's in it?"

"Vanilla ice cream and some Oreos, among with other things."

"A-alright, but can you do me a favor?"

"Depends, lay it on me."

"C-can you order for me? I.. I don't wanna, wanna talk to strangers and have them judge me.."

"Why would they judge you?"

"I-I'm a little chubby-"

"Ev, how much do you weigh?"

"One hundred and ninety one pounds.."

"That's not 'chubby'. It's average weight."

"Well.. Can you, can you still order for me? I'm not, not comfortable talking to t-them."