18

Warning: Smut, small mention of eating disorder

Connor never thought he'd be happier to be home.

He missed his family more than he thought he would at rehab. He wasn't exactly happy there, but he definitely got a lot better. Some of the instructors even gave Connor some advice when it came to his Bipolar and recommended breathing exercises or trying to focus on something else rather than the problem, and they surprisingly helped.

Connor stepped out of his parent's car, turning his gaze to his house. It finally felt like an actual home, where he felt safe and accepted. He hoped it'd stay the same when he came out of the closet. Ironically enough, he had arrived home in time a few days before Christmas.

Before he could get to the door, Zoe stepped outside, and smiled. She ran to her brother, and engulfed him in a hug. It was nice and warm and he loved every second of it.

"I missed you," Zoe whispered.

Connor chuckled lightly at the thought of her missing the constant yelling, but he reminded himself that he was trying to change, and she probably appreciated that. "I missed you too, Zo."

Larry went over to him and rubbed his back. "It looks like rehab helped." He chuckled.

Connor let go of Zoe. "Well, it sucked but.. yeah. It did help a little."

Cynthia smiled, "I can tell. You look a lot more happy."

"Also, Evan came over. He doesn't know you're coming back today," Zoe leant over to him and whispered, "Also, I think you two should hook up. He really likes you."

"I know, heh. Aw, is my baby sis trying to help me get a date?" Connor joked back.

"Well he obviously makes you happy," Zoe pulled back and rolled her eyes. "Anyways let's not keep him waiting."

Connor went to the door. "So you left him inside?"

Zoe followed him up. "I told him I was getting the mail!"

Connor sighed and shook his head, "Zoe, it's twelve thirty. I don't think he believed you."

"Then why didn't he keep me inside?" Zoe retorted.

"Because he's the nicest guy to ever fucking exist," Connor snorted, putting in the door code.

Zoe giggled. "Okay, that's true. You're just lucky I'm not interested in him."

"Damn right," Connor opened the door, and stepped inside. "Honey, I'm home!" He stepped inside, lifting up his arms and looked around.

Evan, who was sitting on the couch, gasped and shot up. He ran to Connor.

Connor met him halfway, wrapping his arms around him and spun a few times before setting him back down.

"You're back!" Evan giggled, bouncing up and down on his toes.

"I am. You wanna go to my room?" Connor went and threw an arm around him.

Evan shook his head, "You should spend t-time with your family. I can wait one more d-day."

"How about you stick around? I don't think they'll mind," Connor shrugged.

"Alright, sure, but if they get upset, I'm h-holding it against you," Evan nudged his side lightly.

Larry walked inside, carrying a small bag. "Connor, you need to grab your suitcase, it's outside on the driveway. Your mother is driving the car in."

Connor huffed, "I'll be right back. We can talk later." He went outside to grab his suitcase.

After everything was inside Connor's room, they spent time together by watching some tv. Eventually Larry turned the channel to football because a big game was about to play, so Connor took the chance to catch up with Evan.