12

Connor was a little frustrated. To say it wasn't directed at anyone would be a huge lie.

"So what you're telling me is Jared found out about our emails? Jesus Christ, please tell me he isn't blackmailing us."

God, why out of all the people at their school, did it have to be Jared fucking Kleinman?

"No no, he isn't blackmailing us! But he is wondering if he can trust you.."

"Can I trust him? I'm not convinced he isn't going to use blackmail."

"Jared isn't like that! Please trust me on that..."

"Okay, only because it's you, though. You have my complete trust because you haven't broken it."

That was true. If there was anyone who Connor trusted most of all, it was Evan. He was able to vent to him without needing to worry about Evan spreading rumors about him. As far as he was aware, Evan didn't know Connor had Bipolar, and he intended on keeping it that way. Evan treated him normally, and he didn't want to loose someone who actually understood him.

"Hello Murphy, this is Jared.
I challenge you to a Mario-Kart-8 off
Be there, or be square."

"OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY CONNOR!!!"

Connor was confused, but he ended up laughing at this. This whole situation was going to be quite amusing.

"Is the offer for Mario Kart still up?"

"Sorry Connor, Jared got ahead of himself. I don't have that game. I have Rocket League though."

"Before I come over how did Kleinman send that email?"

"He saw me emailing you and took my laptop hostage..."

"Lmao well I'm on my way."

"See you soon!"

Within minutes, Connor arrived at Evan's house, almost immediately greeted by Jared Kleinman.

"Get ready to have your ass beaten at Rocket League, Murphy," he said smugly as Connor walked into the house.

Connor rolled his eyes, "Oh I doubt it." He made a smile once he finished however.

"I-I have the game set up! Who's, who's ready to play?" Evan came down from the steps, looking at the two.

"Let's do it!" Jared exclaimed, running up the stairs and past Evan.

Connor calmly walked up the stairs, stopping by Evan and asked, "How do you deal with him so much?"

Evan merely shrugged, "You learn to love him... I-I mean in a friendly way, by the way!"

"Hey, I already know you're Bi. And if you're in love with Kleinman, then, you're in love with Kleinman," Connor teased him.

"I-I don't like Jared that way!" Evan yell-whispered.

"C'mon, let's go kick his ass at-what was it? Rocket League?"

~~~

As much as Connor hated to admit it, he had a little fun hanging out with Jared and Evan. He obviously saw Jared tease Evan about little things that made Connor a bit jealous, although he'd never admit to it.

Connor had beaten Jared most of the time when they played against one another, while
Evan simply watched, not wanting to choose sides. When it was between Jared and Evan, Evan let Jared win if the score ever got close. Once it was between Connor and Evan, Connor went easy on him, simply feeling a little bad he didn't win a game yet. This cycle went on for a few hours.

"Well, I don't know about your life, Murphy, but I gotta get home. My parents are gonna worry," Jared got up and stretched.

"Mine probably will too.." Connor sat up, watching him.

"See ya tomorrow!" Jared went to leave the house, leaving Connor to ponder if he included the both of them or just Evan.

"So, what now?" Evan turned to Connor.

"I'm probably gonna hit the road too," Connor got up. "By the way, you owe me an email, Ev. After all, gotta know what's going on with you, too."

"I'll send one as soon as possible. See you tomorrow, Con."

"Yup, I'll see you tomorrow."

A/N- Some Jared and Connor friendship development before I release the angsty chapters. Like, shit is about to go down and I can't say anything because I might spoil big plot points lmao. Anyways, enjoy this for now.