Chapter 3

When I got to the scene Danny said "It's about time you look like crap sis what happened to you." I said " I told you on the phone I was hungover I also was not at home when you called I showered at the guys apartment and ran home for clean clothes." he said " oh did Tyra finally get some action been a long time since you have been out who is he do I know him? " I said "listen here Reagan stop with the 3rd degree and you may or may not know him I'm not sure, what did you need me out here for anyway?"He said " okay okay lets get down to business take a look at this scene and tell me if it feels familiar?" I took a look around and it literally looks just the first major murder case I worked in the 54th not really a murder case but a serial killer case I had the joy of working it with Danny it was definitely a hard one we didn't have enough evidence to put the guy away. I looked at Danny I said "that stupid bastard is at it again." he said " It does look like it doesn't maybe a copy cat." I said "Danny some of these details have never been released to the press how would it be a copy cat?" he said "that is for us to find out" I said Danny what do you mean us we don't even work in the same precinct anymore." He said "I've talked to dad and he talked to your Sergeant and they have agreed to let us work the case together since it was ours originally in hopes we can put this son of a bitch away this time." I said "really we are getting the band back together" he said "really kid" we gathered the evidence and Danny said he would take care of it and we would get  together on Monday to enjoy the rest of the day off and Sunday.

                    I went home and changed into some comfy clothes and sat on my couch watched tv and ate junk food which is not something I get to do often. Then I got a text from Jamie hey how was he case?, I replied not so good old case new victim maybe this time me and Danny can put him away., Are you getting put back on the case with Danny?, Ya my Sergeant approved it and your dad put in a good word for me too so ya we are working it together, that's cool but that's not what I was texting you for I was wondering if you wanted to hangout tonight?, Sure but I was hoping for a night in do you want to come to my place we can watch a movie order take out and have a drink, I'll pick up a bottle of wine on my way and you go ahead and order food, burgers and fries sound good,  ya sure  see you shortly. I ordered the food and changed clothes and waited for Jamie to get there. Jamie got there with the wine shortly there after the food we talked over dinner more about our family and work and other things.  Then my phone rang it was Danny again I answered "Danny if this is another case or something about the case I don't want to hear it I'm entertaining a guest I'm having a glass of wine and its my day off" he said "nothing to do with work but Linda, the kids and me and the rest of the family are going out on the boat tomorrow and we were wondering if you wanted to go out with us?" I said "sure why not"

            Jamie asked "what did Danny need?" I told him "He ask  me to come out with you guys tomorrow on the boat'"he said "oh ok" I said "we will just play it cool" he said "has he ever invited you out to family things before" I said " ya something always comes up he just wants to makes sure I feel like  I have a family since I don't have a lot of people here" he asked "whats your deal with Danny anyway he usually doesn't make a lot of friends?" I said "He's been around pretty much since I got here he took me under his wing and he's helped me out of some bad spots before." he looked like he might ask more questions but I think he saw my face change so he decided to back off. I wasn't ready to mention somethings that had happened to Jamie yet. Jamie looked over at me and said "I have a question." I said "okay shoot" He asked " how are you so young and you've been to law school through the academy and you've already made detective? not trying to be rude or anything it just after I finished school and the academy I wasn't on the force until I was 31" I said "oh no your are fine I get the you are so young to already have made detective all the time, you probably went through the traditional law school process I didn't I took the 6 year program which I actually got finished in 5 years then I went directly into the academy I was 2 weeks from graduating the academy and they pulled me for undercover work not only did I do the undercover work but I solved the case for them and they pulled me up to be a detective once I passed my test, and then when I transferred I worked the beat for a year because I want to prove myself but I was told by my Sergeant from your dad the detective examine was open at any time for me, I have not worked a case I couldn't solve until me and your brother worked this serial killer one we are back on now." he said " wow thats crazy and yes I did the whole law school process I can't believe you did the 6 year program in 5 years doing it in 6 is hard enough, so your like crazy smart right?" I said " sure you could say that" he asked where did you get your degree?" I said " University of Tennessee in Knoxville I had my heart set on Columbia but somethings were going on at home when I was applying for college so I did get accepted to Columbia I just had to stay as close to home as possible for mom and the kids." he said " I get that but at least you didn't give up on your dreams." We got about half way thru the movie and I fell asleep on the couch.