Chapter 10

My sister didn't fly in until 8 tonight so I had the whole day to myself. I got up and got ready Linda had called while I was in the shower so I called her back. She said "hey I was just calling to check on you and to see if you needed anything" I said "I'm doing alright but I do need something is there anyway you could take me to the grocery store I have like nothing in my apartment." she said "I'm off today so yes I can I have a few things to take care of but I can probably come get you around 10 is that okay?" I said "yes that works for me" she said "alright see you then" While I waited I cleaned up around the apartment and made sure the spare room was ready for Lilly. Before I knew it it was time for Linda to pick me up so I went out and got in the car. We talked about things about work and my injuries, about me being Danny's partner again, and then she ask me about Jamie "so you and Jamie are a thing now huh?" I said "yeah I guess we are" she said "good for you guys both of you deserve someone who is good to you" I said "yeah I know I'm glad we are together now." We made it to the store I got all the things I needed for the apartment by the time we were done I asked Linda "can stop for lunch as long as your not busy" she said "I'm not busy and we could get lunch before I went back home." I enjoyed spending time with Linda she was one of my only girl friends I had in the city with the way we worked we didn't always see each other a lot but I knew she was always there if I needed her.

I got back to the apartment and unpacked the stuff from the store and Lilly called I figured I better go ahead and tell her about Jamie that way if he came over tonight she wouldn't be ambushed so I did told her the whole story. She said she was happy for me and she couldn't wait to meet him she said "I have something to tell me when I get there" I told her "Okay and to have a safe flight and I couldn't wait to see her" I decided to take a nap while I waited for time to go to JFK to pick up Lilly. I woke up around 6 and I decided to go ahead and head to the airport so I called a cab and headed that way. I was headed to the airport Jamie called I said "hey handsome how is your day going?" he said " pretty good I wish I was with you right now" I said "me too" he said "do you want me to come over tonight since your sister is coming in" I said "I'm not sure what we are doing once I pick her up what if I txt you later" he said " that will work talk to you later" I said "okay" I got to the airport and waited for what seemed like forever but really was only an hour  for Lilly to get there. When she got there I ran up to her and hugged her she said "aren't we getting old for this?" I said " no you never to old to hug your sister so tell me are you hungry?" she said "always" we left and went to PJ Clarke's for dinner. We sat down at the table and I said "so what is it that you were going to tell me" she said "well I wanted to tell you first because I knew the boys would freak but I have a boyfriend" I said " oh okay well do we know him, how long has this been going on, are you having sex if you are are you using protection?" she said " you do know him his is my friend Tucker, we have been together almost 4 months, and no we are not doing anything right now but if we do we will use protection." I said " I always knew you would end up with him where is he going to college and how on earth have you kept this hidden from the boys for 4 months" she said "he thinking maybe NYU, Princeton, or Yale and with you guys always being so overprotective I've learned to be sneaky so that's how I kept it hidden." I said " I forget he is as smart as you are I still can't believe you didn't apply for Harvard and Yale" she said " I want to be in New York with you not in some other state where I don't know anyone" I said "I understand that so tomorrow we tour Columbia in the morning at 9 and then in the afternoon at 2 we tour NYU and then hopefully you can make your decision for your scholarship team" she said "I hope it helps I'm still not sure" I said " I know kid but we will figure it out" she said "I know but enough about me when do I get to meet this boy toy of yours I've already scooped him out on social media" I said " we met almost a week ago, but he wants to come by tonight but I told him I didn't know if you'd be up for guest tonight" she said " text your little boyfriend tell him to come over " I said " he isn't my boyfriend we are just friends" she said "just friends that do it" I said "that's called a friend with benefits but I'm don't having this conversation with you kid" so I texted Jamie and said he could come over if he wanted to he txted back and asked when I said about 45 minutes he said okay see y'all soon. We made it back to my place in about 30 minutes we changed into comfy clothes and then I heard my sister crank the ihome up now we are notorious for having dance parties when we get together and she had some of our favorite throw backs playing so we started dancing. We were getting it well as much as i could with my knee I didn't even hear Jamie come in I just happened to look up and he was just standing there watching us. I said "Jameson why didn't you tell someone you were here instead of watching me make a fool of myself" he said " I was enjoying the view and I had no idea you could dance like that Tyra you got some moves" I said "okay I guess I'll forgive it this one time but this is my sister Lilly Lilly this is Jamie" he said "nice to finally meet you I've heard alot about you" she said "same." I noticed he had two bags in his hand I said "Jamie did you bring me something" he said " of course the usual wine and I brought candy and ice cream for your sister since she isn't old enough to drink" Lilly said " I like him already." We stepped into the kitchen to put the stuff away I kissed him and said "I've been wanting that all day and by the way just be prepared for my sister to ask you a million questions" he said " I've been thinking about a lot more all day but I figured your sister would give me the third degree so I'm prepared" I said "always a step ahead are we " he said "of course" he kissed me and Lilly walked in to get some ice cream she said "ew get a room" I said " we were thinking about it" she said "well do whatever your going to do but please do not let me hear you" we busted out laughing we took our wine and went back to the living room where Lilly soon followed. Lilly did give Jamie the third degree for 2 and a half hours and that point it was getting late I said "Lilly we have to be up early and Jamie has to work tomorrow so maybe we should start getting ready for bed" Lilly said "alright but remember under no circumstances do I want to hear you guys" I said "maybe you should sleep with head phones I've been known to be a bit loud" she said " I know you should probably work on your volume control " I said "whatever kid you'll see one day " she said "yeah yeah just keep it down" she headed to the spare bedroom. Jamie said "well I guess she told you has she really heard you before" I said " oh I'm sure our rooms used to be right next to each other when I was still at home and I may or may not have been a bit of a slut in high school" he said "oh I see" I said "not like a really big slut I just slept with a couple of guys" he said "can I ask how many guys you've been with" I said "only if you tell me how many women you've been with I've been with 15 guys" he said " that is not as bad as I thought I've been with 22 women" I said "wow Jameson now who is the slut" and I laughed leaned over and kissed me and said "but you are the best one" I said "same to you" and kissed him again I said "what do you say we take this party to the bedroom" he said "I thought you'd never ask"