Chapter 7

We ate dinner and drank our wine I could tell something was bothering him. But I didn't get the opportunity to ask just yet because my phone rang it was Mikey I told him I had to answer it. I said "hey Mikey" he said "hey are you okay" I said " some burns and cuts and a fractured knee but yeah I'm fine happy to be home" he said "good what did you find out about dad" I said "the DA said there is not anything we can do she has already tried it all she said make sure our orders of protection stay up to date and if for some reason he does contact us do not give him any information and I would even go as far as to turn off your gps on your phone in case he finds a way to track them." he said "you know this really sucks," he paused I heard his voice break "what if I turn out to be just like him with our baby T I can't do that" I said "Mikey you will not be like dad you would never lay a hand on Chelsea or on your kids your not an alcoholic we raised Lilly pretty much your nothing like him Mikey." he said "okay sis I love you I'll get off here so you can rest" I said "okay Mikey I love you too give my love to Chelsea and the baby"

I went back out to the living room where Jamie was waiting on me he asked "if everything was okay" I said " yeah Mikey is just nervous about dad getting out and he is terrified to be like him when his baby is born I told him thats impossible he is nothing like dad" Something was still on his mind so I decided to bring it up "Jamie what are you thinking about" he said " just something Danny said he said you had been through alot and it has me curious but I don't want to push you only if you want to share" I said " no its fine I would have to tell you eventually at least this early on you can run for the hills early on" he said "I'm not going anywhere nothing you tell me will make me leave unless you tell me your a man but we can rule that out since I've seen you naked multiple times" I said " I guess I'll start at the beginning do you remember how I told you that my dad would beat mom well it wasn't just mom it was Mikey, and me too guess because we tried to protect mom but he never touched the other 3 kids, I suffer from severe anxiety and depression I have it managed by medicine and I have some other physical illnesses as well, and the real kicker this one requires more wine I had lived in the city about a year and I started dating this guy Liam Ramsey he was great in the beginning but after about 3 months in things went down hill real fast in a hurry it start with him controlling me, threatening me, and then it progressed to beating me I was so ashamed because I swore it would never happen to me this was when I was working with your brother he didn't notice at first but when he did he flew off the handle and rightfully so it went on for almost 6 months I finally got up the courage to kick him to the curb after talking to my brother after he harassed me for awhile then stop for about a week he came to pick his stuff up from my place and that's when it happened I truly believe he came to my home with the initiation to beat me to death your brother from time to time will drive by my apartments to make sure nothing looks off to him, so him, Linda and the boys were coming home from having dinner and he saw Liam's car he stopped he called Baez to meet him here and called it in if your brother didn't get here when he did I would have died he saved my life Liam is facing Life without parole for what he did, so are you ready to run yet" he said "I told you I'm not going anywhere I'm just sorry you've been through all this." I said "its okay Jamie sometimes you draw the short straw in life you just role with the punches." he said "come here and just let me hold you for a little while." I didn't argue I let it happen it didn't hit me till that moment how exhausted I was we just laid on the couch and he held me I fell asleep in his arms.

I was awake a few hours later because of a nightmare I got up from the couch and I managed not to wake Jamie. I poured another glass of wine wrapped a blanket around me and went out on my balcony. What if my dad did come after us and I'm in New York and everyone else is on Tennessee and I can't protect them like I should living in that house for almost 10 years and almost 12 years for Mikey was brutal the only way we survived was each other. Then my mind drifted to Jamie he was so different tonight like he wanted something real or was it just because of what happened. I was lost in thought and I heard the door open and close behind me it was Jamie he said "why are you awake?" I said "nightmare so I came outside to think" he asked "what about?" I said "my dad I know I put on a brave front but I'm just as scared as the rest of us are and in a few hours I have to call mom and tell her not to worry when all I've thought of since Michael told was how will I protect my family when I'm in New York and they are in Tennessee" he said " after all you've been through I really want to believe everything will be fine but if its not I know you'll find a way to take care of it you are the strongest woman I've ever met" I said " thank you Jamie" he said "lets take a trip" I said "Jamie you have to work and my sister will be here in a few days" he said "not right now but your out of commission for at least 4 weeks after your sister leaves from her visit lets take a trip to my family's cabin just for a couple of days just so you can have a break" I said "okay my sister flies in on Wednesday and she leaves on Sunday and then not that week but the next week I'll be in Tennessee" he said "ok what if we leave next Thursday and come back on Sunday." I said "okay sounds good"