Chapter 11

I was so happy to have Jamie and to have my sister with me even if it was only for a few days but soon enough it would be forever.  I woke up in the middle of the night to my phone ringing I didn't recognize the number but I answered anyway when the person on the other end started talking I knew exactly who it was my dad. He said "hey kid long time no talk" I said "how did you get my number for one and when did you get released I was told it would be a few more days" he said " don't worry about how I got your number but I got an early early release today I was thinking of coming to see my favorite girl" by this point my blood was boiling " I said " You will not come to New York You will not go see any of the other kids and you certainly will not go see my mom we want nothing to do with you we do not want to see you or hear from you stay far far away and I'm not your favorite" he said "I guess we will see about that won't we" and he hung up. I guess I had woke up Jamie I had gotten up from bed to put some clothes on to go outside he turned over and said "whats going on" I said "My dad was released today and he just called me I don't know how he got my number and he claims he is going to come here" he said "its going to be okay I'll keep you safe" I said " I believe you but I've also heard that before I just need air and I need to call Mikey" he said " okay." So I went outside on the balcony and called Mike he didn't answer the first time or the second but he did on the third. He said "my god sis its 2 am whats going on" I said "dad is out and he called me and he claims he is coming here to New York" by then I was crying I was terrified of my dad being out of course Michael knew that. he said "for one why in the hell is dad out he wasn't suppose to be out till next week, even if he does come there your friends will keep you safe I mean damn Jamie just shot a guy to save your life I'm pretty sure he has your back, I know Danny has your back and half of the NYPD will come calling if you need them." I said  " I know that but I'm still afraid Mikey" he said "I know sis we all are but we are going to make it through this okay" I said "okay how am I going to tell Lilly" he said " just break it to her genteelly" I said "okay" he said "are you going to be okay" I said "I guess I have to this is our new reality dad is out I'll just have to learn to live with the fear" he said " are you still seeing your therapist?" I said "yes once a month" he said "I think maybe you should go see her soon especially since what just happened and dad is out and Liam's trial is coming up yeah I know you thought I didn't know about that huh" I said "I'll think about it Mikey I'm going to get off here love you" her said "love you too sis get some rest" 

          About that time Jamie had walked outside.  He asked "what did Michael say?" I said  "He told me I had enough people here to protect me that I would be safe and to go see my therapist" he said "you haven't been to see your therapist since you've been kidnapped not even the union one you know you will have to do that to be cleared for work again" I said "wow thanks I had no idea yes I know I have to talk to someone before going back but if you couldn't tell I've been pretty busy" he said "I didn't mean to get on your case I know you have brothers and a mom for that but with everything that's been going on it would probably be a good idea" I started crying yet again "I know that I'm afraid to talk about every time I close my eyes I see him I feel his gun to my head I dream of what would have happened if you and Danny hadn't got there when you did and on top of all this in 4 weeks I have to go sit in a court room and face Liam again and tell a jury my story and pray he gets convicted because if he doesn't he will come back and finish what he started and kill me" he said "all the more reason you need to go see your therapist you can talk to me and I'll always be here for you but I also know how hopefully a therapist can be, and why didn't you tell me his trial was coming up"  I said "I try not to think about it and it makes me horribly nervous" he said "after all I've heard any jury would be a bunch of idiots to let him walk after what he did to you"  I said "well I know that, you know it, Danny and Baez know it, and my family knows it but its what the jury chooses to believe you know that" he said "I do but let just  stop thinking about all the bad stuff for a few hours and try and get a little sleep" I said "okay" I had gotten far more tired  since I had been awake since I had been crying so we crawled back into bed and Jamie held me while we slept.

           I got up around 6 to get ready I let Jamie shower first since he had to go to work I started the coffee and breakfast I made pancakes Lilly's favorite. I heard the water turn off in the bathroom so I walked back in he had just stepped out with a towel wrapped around his waste I just stood there for a minute he said "are you going to stare all day" I said "I might I'm just taking in the nice view" he said "oh okay" I said "I made coffee and pancakes" he said "great I love pancakes" I said "oh good Lilly says I make the best pancakes in the world but she is partial I did make them her whole life" he said "oh we will see how good these pancakes are" I said "okay I'm getting in the shower have a good day if I don't get to see you before you head out" he said "you too" and leaned forward and kissed me I pulled him in closer and deepened the kiss we made out for a few minutes he pulled away and said "as much as I want to take this further right now I have to get ready for work" I said "I know just something to think about all day" I pulled his shirt off which is what I was wearing and walked toward the shower and said "don't miss me to much Jamie" he said "damn your such a tease" I said " so are you put some freaking clothes on before I turn around and change my mind" By the time I got out of the shower Jamie was gone but I had a text from him it said great pancakes babe almost as great as you see you later I texted back okay can't wait, and then I headed to the spare bedroom to wake up Lilly so she could get ready.