Chapter 6

I woke up and I was bond to a table he said "welcome back detective" I felt a pounding on the side of my face so he must have hit me.  He said "I've been watching you since you started the investigation I knew one day you would find me so I knew I would have to take care of you" I said "it doesn't matter what you do to me my partner will find you we know who you are now he won't stop till he finds you especially since you've kidnapped me"

            Jamie heard it come across the radio officer needing assistance he responded. When he got there it was Danny but no Tyra in his mind he went in to panic mood he got out and went straight to Danny " whats going on?" Danny said " that serial killer kidnapped Tyra" Jamie said "what" Danny saw Jamie's face change but he wasn't concerned about that now they had to find Tyra and fast Jamie asked what he could do Danny said "start canvasing the area" Baez had taken his mother back to the station for questioning.

         He had already started to torture me he started by burning me in different places all over. It was painful but I didn't show it because I knew that was how he got off. He also cut me on my torso and arms and he took the butt of his gun and hit my knee extremely hard I thought he may have broken or factored it.   Danny got a call from the station come to find out Patrick's father owned a warehouse before he died and it was never sold so it was still owned by the family Danny got the address and headed that way he also told Jamie. Patrick heard the sirens approaching he knew it was about to be over he pulled me off the table and held me at gun point when Danny and Jamie busted in first he held me in front of him like a human shield all though I was having trouble standing on the knee he hit. There was at least 20 cops there. Danny said "it's over Patrick just let her go." Patrick said "it will never be over and I'm not letting her go" Jamie looked directly at me and mouthed "we will get you out no matter what it takes." I knew they would but I had never been more terrified in my life not with my dad not even with my ex and he almost killed me from where I was at I could tell that they did not have a clear shot. I tried to keep my eyes on Jamie I saw him start to exit I knew what he was going to do he was going to take him down from the back while Danny continued to try and talk him down. I heard the gun shot when Jamie took it I tried to escape his grasp before he fell on top of me when I did I fell because of my knee. I almost immediately started crying Jamie got to me first he picked me up and whispered in my ear "everything is going to be okay baby" then Danny got over there he said to Jamie "good shot kid" then to me "lets get you out of here" with one guy on each side they helped we walk out to the ambulance. I had mostly minor burns, I had a pretty deep cut on my right arm the rest were not as bad, and my knee was fractured I had to go to the hospital to have my arm stitched up and an xray done of my knee. I asked Danny to call my mom and my brothers he told me he would and he would come to the hospital once he was done with the report to take me home. The doctor said I'd probably be out of work for at least 4 weeks maybe more it just depends on the healing process of my knee.

            Danny finished his report pretty quick and he texted Jamie to meet him at the station he knew something was going on between him and Tyra and he wanted to know what. So they meet outside Danny said " I'm going to ask you straight up because I know there is something going on the way you acted when I told you Tyra was kidnapped I've only seen that before in other couples when something happens to the other so since she won't tell me, are you or are you not seeing her?"  Jamie said " we are trying to keep it under wraps for now we aren't dating we are just seeing where it goes for now, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified when you told me what happened" Danny said "finally someone who will tell me the truth, but you have to be careful with her she has been through a lot I'll let her tell you its her story but she is definitely a special one, do you want to pick her up from the hospital I told her I would but you can if you want" Jamie said "I'd love to do that and Danny please don't tell anyone" Danny said "I won't kid have a good night"

           Jamie stopped and picked up a bottle of wine because he felt like she would probably want some once she got home. He got to the hospital and ask at the front desk where she was they told him he went back to where she was there she was even after all she had been through today she was so beautiful. He said "hey you almost ready to blow this joint" I said " yeah I'm still waiting on the Drs to free me, and I thought Danny was coming" he said "so sorry to disappoint he sent me and by the way he knows he kind of guessed and I just told him" I said "oh Jamie you could never disappoint me and that's okay I hated lying to him this morning anyway." I felt like I might cry I was still hurting pretty bad Jamie must have seen it he asked "do you need something?" I said "No I just need you here" he came closer I grabbed his hand and pulled him in to me he just held me that was the first time I had felt safe all day I started to cry.  We stayed that way for a while then the doctor came in with my prescriptions and release papers I signed everything and Jamie pulled the car up. I got in he said "I have a surprise in the back for you" I reached back and got the bag it was a bottle of red wine I said "you are literally the best and I'm a red girl too" he said "I know you told me." I still felt so vulnerable I was still afraid even though I know Patrick was dead subconsciously put my hand out Jamie grabbed it and held it and said "I know its hard to stop being afraid but I'm right here and I will keep you safe I promise you that." We were at my place now he leaned over like to kiss me but hesitated as if asking it was okay I nodded.  We went up stairs to my apartment I wanted a shower he was going to order Chinese take out for us. It was to late for me to call my mom now so I would call her first thing tomorrow.