19

Austin's POV

All I could think of as I stared down at my daughter was that I had finally found my purpose.

Thankfully, the birth went smoothly and after they collected all the data about Ava and cleaned her off, I got to spend some time with her while Ally rested.

I watched as she gave a big yawn, her tiny hand wrapping around my finger.

I smiled and ran a hand over the dark wisp of hair on her head, not being able to believe that it was possible to love someone so much.

Ally slowly woke up and I turned to look at her.

When her eyes landed on me and Ava, a smile creeped onto her face.

I ran a hand through her hair. "How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Better," she mumbled. "Just tired." She held her arms out. "Now let me hold our baby."

I chuckled and carefully handed Ava over into Ally's arms.

Ally's POV

As Ava settled into my arms, I remembered something that my mom told me.

She told me that I couldn't imagine how much she loved me. I didn't understand and she told me that I would when I had my own child.

And now, as I stared down at my daughter, I finally understood.

I had only known this little girl for about a half an hour and there already was nothing I wouldn't do for her. She was the little love of my life.

And Austin and I were gonna raise her to the best of our ability.