21

Austin's POV

After making the final reservation, I got up to talk to Ally.

I walked out onto the deck. Ally was on the phone. She turned when I said her name.

Her eyes widened when she saw me and she quickly told the person on the phone that she would call them back before hanging up.

She stood up. "What's up?" she asked, wringing her hands.

A little confused at her mood swing, I answered, "I was thinking that maybe we could let Dez and Carrie watch Ava tonight while we go out and do something. Just the two of us."

Ally pressed her lips together as she took a slowly sat back down.

"I'd love that," she said softly. "But I actually have some errands to run tonight."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. "You can't do them tomorrow?"

She shook her head. "No, they really need to get done as quickly as possible."

I nodded slowly. "Well, do you want me to come with you?"

She shook her head again. "They're girly errands, you wouldn't like it at all. How about we watch a movie together when I get home?"

I crossed my arms, really confused at how she was acting. "Um....okay."

She gave a half-smile. "Great. I really need to call the person I was talking to back."

"Okay..." I repeated.

As I walked back inside, I couldn't shake the feeling I had that Ally was hiding something.

Ally's POV

Once Austin was back inside, I released he breath I hadn't even realized I was holding.

Though he was obviously suspicious, I knew he didn't know what was going on.

I quickly picked up my phone and called back the person I was talking to. They answered on the second ring.

"Okay," I greeted. "What were you saying, Gavin?"