17

5 months later

Ally's POV

"But are you sure you want a name that starts with A?" Trish whined.

I laughed and rolled my eyes playfully as Trish kept trying to talk me out of the baby names Austin and I thought of.

Her, Carrie, and I were hanging out in me and Austin's house while Austin was out having lunch with Dez and Chuck.

I still remember when Trish came to us and told us she was dating Chuck. We had probably stared at her in shock for about ten minutes. But she was happy and that's all that mattered.

I waddled back over to the couch, flipping down. I was ten days past my due date and standing up for an extended period of time was getting harder and harder.

"Yes," I told Trish, answering her question. "It was Austin's idea and I agree."

"I think it'll be really cute," Carried agreed. Every time I looked over at her, it was impossible to miss the sparking diamond ring on her finger. Dez has proposed to her three months ago and I don't think I had ever seen them happier.

Trish sighed. "I guess Ava is a cute name but you're really limiting yourself here."

I was only half listening. Another contraction was happening but I calculated it up to be Braxton Hicks since I wasn't having any other symptoms.

Carrie gave me a concerned look. "You okay, Ally?"

I nodded. "Yeah," I promised. "I'm fine."

Trish stared at me, her gaze disbelieving and worried.

"You are really past your due date," she reminded me.

I was about to respond but was cut off by a strange sensation inside of me.

I took a deep breath. "Okay, either I just peed my pants horribly or my water just broke."

Trish waited a moment then nodded like she was convinced. "Aaaand we're getting you to the hospital."

Carrie rushed over and helped me up.

I looked at Trish. "My hospital bag is in my room. Can you go get it?"

Trish nodded and rushed upstairs.

I leaned on Carrie and looked at the completely ruined couch.

I pouted. "But I just paid it off," I whined.

"Worry about that later," Carrie told me.

Trish came back down and we quickly went to her car.

Austin's POV

The boys and I were waiting to get our food when my phone started ringing.

I looked at it then at Dez and Chuck.

"Hold on, it's Trish," I explained before answering the phone.

"Hello?"

Trish's voice was rushed and panicked. "Hey, Austin, not to make a big deal or anything but you might wanna get to the hospital asap. Your wife's in labor."

My eyes widened as I digested what she said.

"She's gonna have the baby?" I asked, trying to clarify as I was still in shock.

"Yes," she confirmed, sounding exasperated. "And if you don't get here soon, she's not gonna be happy."

Suddenly snapping into action mode, I stood up. "Okay, I'm coming. I'm coming. Tell Ally to hold on."

I hung up and immediately started gathering my stuff.

"Ally's in labor?" Dez asked, sounding about as shocked as I felt.

I nodded. "Yes, and we need to go right now."

The only thing I could think of as we got in the car was, I'm about to meet my little girl.