Power Surge

I shook and felt the light in my hair heat up.

"I......I......don't know...." I said.

The mom grabbed my chin and whispered, "You look human but you obviously aren't one. Maybe you're a........Lightbolt."

As soon as she said that the light felt like it was on fire and I shook violently.

Everyone gasped as I fell down onto my knees.

I grabbed the light out of my hair and it turned into a sword.

It turned back into a string and wrapped around my right arm. Going from my wrist to my shoulder.

I screamed as I felt it sear into my arm.

Tears ran down my cheeks. I clenched my fist and another light string appeared in front of me. I backed away but it wrapped around my left wrist.

I waited for the pain. It never came. I looked at my wrist and noticed that the light was hanging on loosely.

I looked at my other arm. I gasped as I stared at the light.

It was a part of my arm now.

"A Lightbolt. Now you've got a mark of one," the mom said.

"What's the other light for?" I whispered.

"You'll find out on your own," she said smiling.

"What's a Lightbolt? If she's supernatural then why does she seem human in nearly every way to detect what someone is?" Flora mumbled.

"Lightbolts seem human so that they can fool others and spend their time stopping their Darkstreak. Darkstreak's have the same situation but they're after their Lightbolt!" Sun shouted.

That means Shadow is my Darkstreak. Now I know I can defend myself.

I had noticed that Shadow had a string of darkness on his left arm. Now that I think about it, it was part of his arm!!!

I punched the ground.

Suddenly the store's glass doors shattered and a stream of darkness surrounded me. I was trapped!

"You had to tell her the information that kept her from defeating me! You'll die first!" I heard Shadow behind me.

A black spike shot out of the ground and into Sun's mother.

-------------------------------------------

AN: I like to make up magic creatures and I hadn't made any in the first 21 chapters so I thought hey I forgot to make a new magik (that's the what I call any magic being and I spelled it right!) I better do it now! Hehehehe. I love my imagination. Well, keep reading!!!!

~writer9170