New Way of Life

A few months later I was standing in the bathroom staring at my reflection.

I wanted to forget Shadow forever but scars remind you of things like that. When Shadow clawed me during our last fight he had struck my right eye.

So now that eye had three dark green lines in it.

Of course Shadow didn't have any scars. He was dead. My bite had made him vulnerable to light and dark powers.

I smiled and put my hair up. I wasn't gonna miss my date. Aspen is to sweet to do that to. I was wearing a short red dress that Sun had made.

I ran out of the bathroom and nearly plowed my dad down.

"Woah! Calm down. Aspen isn't gonna break up with you just because you're a little late," he said smiling. It took him a while to accept Aspen as my boyfriend and not a mangy wolf.

I laughed and continued to the door.

At the restaurant Aspen looked more nervous then he's ever been on any of our other dates.

"Aspen what's up with you? The last time you were this nervous it was because we heard a scream in the forest," I said laughing.

"No reason. It's just that.....uh....." he was thinking as hard as he could.

It was to funny so to keep me from laughing out loud stuffed some salmon in my mouth.

This place was really fancy. We never went here before so I didn't know what to do other then eat.

I looked at Aspen's plate. He hadn't touched his steak. That's so not like Aspen. He always eats his food quickly.

I looked back up and noticed that he wasn't in his chair. I turned to get up but Aspen was on one knee right next to me.

It surprised me so much and I swallowed the lobster.

He pulled something out of his pocket. Aspen was holding a tiny box.

He opened it and there was a beautiful ring.

Aspen smiled nervously and asked, "Will you marry me?"

I sat there with my mouth hanging open.

"Is that a no?"

"No you idiot!!! It's a yes!" I shouted.

Everyone turned to look at us. Someone squealed with delight. Another person clapped.

Aspen beamed and hugged me.

-------------------------------------------

AN: Yayayayayayayayaya!! I've been waiting to do this chapter for a pretty long time. Keep reading!!!!

~writer9170