Wounds, Stitches, and Lemons

I sat on the ground waiting for Flora to stitch up my back. Of course since I wasn't wearing a shirt the two injured guys were being taken care of in a different room.

"Exactly why does Sky have an entire unpeeled lemon in her mouth?" Red asked from in front of me.

"So she doesn't scream when I put the stitches in! Plus biting stuff helps get your mind off of the pain," Flora sang from behind me.

"Why won't you let me put her to sleep? It'll make things easier," Red mentioned.

Flora shouted, "You were gonna use a frying pan on her!!! That would make things worse!"

I really wish I could take the lemon out of my mouth. They were arguing over how to keep me from freaking and that kept Flora from fixing my back.

Then I felt a needle go into my back and touch one of my wounds. It hurt so much that I bit as hard as I could on the lemon. All the juice shot out and the lemon was crushed.

Red started freaking out because apparently some lemon juice got into her eye.

Lemons don't help. It tasted sour and I still wanted to scream.

Flora didn't notice that I was crying and that Red was rolling around on the floor covering her red eye.

She did however notice the door open behind us.

"W-what are you doing?! I said not to open the door until I say!!" She screamed at the person at the door.

I turned to see Aspen blushing. He slammed the door shut.

He always picks the wrong times to check on me.

Red stood up and grabbed the crushed lemon from my mouth.

"Maybe we should grab something that can't be destroyed in one bite," She said as she stuffed a rag that tasted like lemons in my mouth.

My tears turned into a stream. Why do they torture me with sour tasting things.

When Flora finished stitching my back up I put my shirt back on and smacked her and Red.

"What was that for?!" Red asked while she rubbed her head.

"That was for the sour taste in my mouth!" I shouted as I opened the door.

Aspen and dad fell in front of me. They looked like they had been fighting over who got to listen in on us.

I raised and eyebrow. Why the heck were those two listening in on us?

They both smiled and got up.

"Hello my little ray of sunshine!!" Dad chimed.

I just stood there with my eyebrow raised.

"Uh.....hi Sky!" Aspen said trying to act like my dad.

I lowered my eyebrow and smacked Aspen. He fell holding his head.

I turned to dad and glared. He backed away so I could get through.

I walked into the living room and Sun ran up to me.

"Wanna lemon?" She sang, holding a lemon out to me.

"No thanks. I've had enough of lemons for today!" I answered and put my hands up.

She shrugged. Aspen walked in and she threw the lemon at him.

"What was that for?!" He shouted.

"Eat it!!!" Sun yelled as she threw more lemons at him.

I covered my face with my right hand, laughing. My friends are complete lunatics. But that's why I love them.

-------------------------------------------

AN: I love lemons. Sometimes. At other times I would rather eat a hot wing instead. I have no idea why. But some of my friends are kinda like my characters. Hehehe, well keep reading!!

~writer9170