11- Let's Argue About Useless Knowledge! Part 1

Saihara's POV:
"So this is the Shrine of Judgement..." Kaito remarks while looking around.

"Careful, everyone! If bad things happen, get behind Gonta!"

"Then gimme a piggy-back ride!" Angie says. "C'mon, carry me."

"Omigod, you are so fucking annoying! So are we doin' the class trial here or what?" Miu complains.

"No, Monokuma made it sound like we'd be guided somewhere from here," Ryoma says in his deep voice.

"But Monokuma is nowhere to be seen. What's going on...?" I'm not sure if Kirumi is talking to herself or the others.

No one says anything else, so I take a look at the Monokuma statue. It seems to give off a weird vibe...

*RMM-BMM-BMM-BMM!*

"Wah! Wh-What?!" Kaede asks in confusion next to me.

Suddenly, the trophy cup that Monokuma was holding breaks, and the statue... moves...? It points at us, then crosses its arms and sinks downward. What was that supposed to mean? We're... going down?

A bridge opens up where the statue just was, and behind it open two doors. "Is this... an elevator?" Kaede asks.

"Does he want us to board it?" Kiibo wonders.

"I don't wanna... I don't do scary rides," Himiko mumbles.

"I... don't want to get on it either," Tsumugi agrees.

"Stay behind, then. Though I'm sure that'll just be worse for you in the end," Maki says coldly.

"Yeah, that's true... I know..." Tsumugi mutters.

"It'll be fine... Let's all work together," Kaede says like usual. "Remember our promise? We're gonna escape this place and remain good friends afterward... So let's do it! I'm sure we'll be alright! Because... we make such an incredible team."

"Heh, I wouldn't be able to call myself a man if I was still scared of hearing a girl say that. Bring it! I'll show them how I, Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars, live!"

"Don't you mean, 'die'?" Ouma laughs.

"Don't say something all ominous like that!" Kaito exclaims in annoyance.

"We have no choice... We can't turn back now..." I mutter. Determined, everyone boarded the elevator, ready to face the class trial. Once everyone was on it, the elevator started moving downwards.

"Whoaaa! That's super cool. It's actually an elevator," Kokichi remarks.

"E-Even so, this elevator is going pretty far down..." Tenko says with nervous optimism.

"Kehehe... We're falling... I wonder how far we will plummet," Korekiyo says.

"Nyeeeeh... I suddenly have to go to the bathroom real bad..." Himiko complains.

"By all means, go right ahead," Kiibo replies.

"Of course! A robot wouldn't understand how inappropriate that is!" Kokichi says.

After what seemed like an eternity of silence, the elevator came to a halt. The doors slowly opened to reveal what awaited us on the other side...

"Welcome to the class trial!" all the Monokubs say in unison.

"Oh boy, the class trial is finally starting! Finally, a game that feels like a game!" Monotaro says with enthusiasm.