24- A Mystery Unsolved

A/n
My irl friend penguinlover611 helped me edit this! It's super hard writing an entire class trial by yourself, so I'm glad she helped! Please follow her if you haven't already, because she's really nice and a big Danganronpa fan like myself. Also, she has a really nice fanfiction, "Danganronpa: All Stars" and you should check that out on her profile. Enjoy this first part of the class trial!

Oh, and if you have any idea of the killer of Tsumugi, feel free to comment on who you think it is. Like I said, I love seeing your opinions and fanfic theory is great!

Ouma's POV:
Class trial time.

Those words echoed in my head over and over. Already?

"C'mon, Kokichi. It'll be okay." Saihara grabs my hand and I quickly follow him to the familiar red doors. Soon, everyone else follows behind us.

"D-Do we really have to do this again?" Himiko stammers.

"Well, we don't have any choice. Monokuma will kill us if we don't go," Kiibo reminds us as we enter the Shrine of Judgement.

"True..." Tenko notes. "But are we really gonna go through with it?"

"I presume you don't want to die though, correct?" Korekiyo tells her.

"Yeah, we have to do it, even if it hurts. Because... the Luminary of the Stars is here!" Kaito exclaims dramatically.

"Really, Kaito?" I laugh.

"Hey! I wasn't kidding!"

Suddenly the Monokuma statue does the same thing it did last time. Everyone turns to it as it points to us, crosses its arms, and sinks downward, revealing the pathway to the elevator.

"In any case, it seems as if we are able to go in the elevator," Kirumi says.

"I guess we have no choice. Let's go," Saihara says.

All of us walk to the elevator. The musty smell gives me nauseous memories. The first time I got here, only Rantaro was dead. But now... Kaede, Tsumugi, and Ryoma are dead as well. Who would do such a thing?

Silence seems to fill the empty space between the 12 of us. Everyone knows what to do, everyone knows what's coming next. Everyone knows there will be  one less student when we leave. And then... the elevator stops.

We're here.

I couldn't help but wonder... Why are we still having a trial. Wasn't Tsumugi the ma-

"It's class trial time!" Monokuma announces with glee. As if we didn't know that already.

"PLEASE-HEAD-TO-YOUR-ASSIGNED-SEATS," Monodam says. "YOU-BASTARDS."

Time seemed to slow down as I walked. One step. Two steps. Three steps. But at the same time, time seemed to be going too fast as well. Before I knew it, the podium was below me with my name engraved neatly on it.

Kokichi Ouma.

I traced the name etched in over and over with the end of my index finger. It's odd, how much a name means to someone. The parents pick a name, hoping that the kanji reads as a personality that their son or daughter would have. The kid themselves doesn't get to choose their own name, or even have any say in it.