36- Loophole

Ouma's POV:
"What the fuck is wrong with me..." I mutter to no one. I couldn't stop thinking about Saihara. Why did he just leave like that...?

I could never seem to understand his reasoning, his ideology. He never seemed to understand mine either. Asking what the point of lying is, why would I need to do it so frequently. And I asked Saihara the opposite, why he needed to search for the truth when a lie is so much easier to believe. "Haha..."

I guess that's why the detective had stolen my heart.

Still, as the minutes ticked by, I stared at the front door where Saihara had left from. He's going to come back. I bet he just feels so bad for being mean to me!

Yeah, that's the truth, right?

I needed to distract myself. I knew watching outside wouldn't make time go any faster, so instead I pace around the house in a hurry. What to do, what to do... somehow, the decision had seemed much simpler when Shuichi was home.

I needed to just wait. I needed to be patient. And by doing that I need to stop thinking about what's at hand. I tried not to think about my boyfriend as I turned on my laptop. It had been playing one of the older Danganronpa games I was interested in. Saihara had always seemed to horrified whenever I had watched it. I didn't blame him.

It's just that we were different people. We needed to respect our differences.

God, what was I thinking? How is this a distraction?!

I can't even do this anymore. Same old same old has been going on forever and it's boring. Sure, seeing Saihara every day was always fun, but the same thing happening every day was what I got sick of. Once my mom left for work, we just sat and did stuff on our cell phones, or laptops, or we read a book. Sometimes I would say something every once in a while, but there was no need to.

I needed to see someone else. Being alone like this took a toll on my energy. I couldn't seem to find Saihara so maybe I could go to someone else's house. I knew the only other person from the killing game lived in this neighborhood was Kiibo, so I decided that was the best place to go at the moment. I took in a deep breath and grabbed the door handle. Wait.

In case Saihara does come home.. I should leave a note. But what am I supposed to write? I'm going to Kiibo's, be back soon? That would certainly trigger Saihara's jealousy.

Instead I get a post-it and quickly scrawl, "I'm going to the store right now, sorry." My lying habit has no limit, does it..? I feel a twinge of guilt as I write it down, but it's not like Kiibo would tell Saihara the truth anyway.

I stuck the note on the countertop and walk outside. Kiibo's house was close enough to walk to, so I deemed that to be a better solution so I could clear my head as I breathed in the hot summer air.

It was hot and humid, my neck becoming sticky with sweat since my scarf was still around it. "Oh, wow.." I mutter. I unwrap my scarf and fold it a bunch before stuffing it in my back pocket. I also rolled up my sleeves. Maybe I should've just drove instead.. it seems too hot to do anything else.

My clothes stuck to my back, but there wasn't much to do about it. I just tried to walk faster, too lazy to run, but determined enough to get to Kiibo's house quicker. Eventually, I reach the right address and walk up to the front door in a hurry. Click goes the doorbell as I press it quickly. I try to keep calm, but I was already out of breath and I was sweating profusely even without my scarf on.

After a few moments, I heard the sound of the door opening and saw the tall figure of Miu Iruma at the door. She was still in pajamas, and I grimaced. I forgot she and Angie were also living with Kiibo.