26- The Other Blackened

Ouma's POV:
Kirumi. The killer of Ryoma. I should have been expecting it, but I'm still surprised. She was one of the most generous people, probably the only sane girl even here. Miu's a crazy whatnot, Tenko is a feminist (or sexist?), Himiko is too tired to be alive, Angie believes in Atua too much, and Tsumugi is... well...

"Ah! You found Tsumugi's body first?" Korekiyo exclaims. So Saihara-chan was right... there was an extra person that no one knew had found Tsumugi's body. And it had been the murderer of Ryoma like he presumed. But why didn't Kirumi ever reveal it at the start of the class trial? Was it like Maki, where she simply wasn't in the mood for being suspected?

"I guess I might as well explain it by now." Kirumi stares at the floor, trying to hold back tears.

"Maaaaaaan, no need to make a big deal, Mom! Besides, you're not going to get executed, so don't be such a big crybaby." I laugh at Kirumi's face full of sorrow.

"Ouma, I think that's a little too m-"

"No, it's fine." Kirumi stares at the ground, interrupting Shuichi. "He's... he's right. I shouldn't make a big deal. I..." She clenches her fists but continues. "Let me explain.

"So... as you know, most of what happened had occurred at nighttime. That includes both murders. So... as I was going back to my room, I had noticed that Tsumugi's room door was open. Confused, I had opened it. And I don't think I need to elaborate on what I found."

((I love how Kirumi's face looks at the end))

"Wait -- so the door was left open when you saw it?!" Tenko exclaims.

"Yes... I have to admit I was really confused. Then when I saw Tsumugi's body, I wasn't certain of what I was supposed to do."

"Hey, guys!" Kaito suddenly says.

"Please don't make any idiotic comments," Maki says.

"Guys, don't call me an idiot! I don't want to have to say it again... Anyway, what if Kirumi killed Tsumugi too? I mean, isn't it kind of weird? She just happened to find the body because the door was ajar."

"Oh! Kaito is right! Kirumi could have killed Tsumugi too!" Angie agrees.

"Hey, I thought we went over the fact that there's two different murderers," Kiibo says. "Why are you dismissing that fact?"

"Well, obviously, for people and not robots, the answer was easy to see. There's new evidence, so there's new facts," Ouma teases.

"You don't need to explain it to me that way..." Kiibo frowns and looks at the ground.

"Anyway..." Kirumi looks back at us, trying to get us back on topic. "I did not kill Tsumugi. Like I said before, I happened to come across her room."