chapter 3

(Grace's p.o.v)

It was so lonely. I would watched my father drove his truck away until it disappeared from my sight every morning and it became my routine. I sighed deeply and looked around the house and I was wondering of what should i do to distract myself. I disliked being alone or lonely but sadly i have to face it from morning to the middle of the night. My dad was always busy and i didn't know what kind of job did he had until it made him going back home in the middle of night.

The first time when my father left me was the most terrifying experience for me,especially when it was at night. I was 9 years old of age and my father got his new job at that time and had to leave me alone to go to work. My house was in the middle of jungle and i didn't have any friends except for my father. My father was my dad and he was also my only close friend but scratch that. Here's the reason : it was night, we were having a nice dinner. I asked him to take me to his workplace because i was scared to be alone but he froze at my request, i was afraid if i turned on the wrong the switch and started to get angry at me but no, he stared at me and his stares was like a dagger that as if could kill my soul on the inside without even trying to kill me physically.

He grabbed my shoulders hard but soon loosened and pulled me into a warm hug. I was scared, i thought that he wanted to hit me or anything yet he did not. He loved me. That was what he told me quite frequently.

"I know you feel alone and lonely here but i can't let you go out from this jungle.." he said while gently patting my small head.

"And my workplace didn't allow kids to be there..let's not talk about this okay?" he finished.

I was in silence for a moment until i decided to open my mouth.

"Why didn't you let me out from this jungle,Father?" I asked him with curiosity bubbling inside of my chest and that was the wrong switch.

I fell to my side hard with a loud thud upon the hard floor that was made out of wood, i reached my cheek with my hand and i could feel my cheek was burning and red because of his slap.
Yes.
My father just slapped me.

"I didn't want them to know that i have a daughter... your mother was a disgrace! You also a disgrace like her! If people saw you... my dignity will fall and grounded to the dirt!" he spat angrily, his chest was waving up and down furiously and his face was fierce and red like a monster.
I was crying and sobbing hard. It was so unexpected. My father that i loved the most said something that i least expected him to say. My heart was throbbing in pain because of his words that pierced roughly into my heart like daggers.

I flinched when i saw him crouched to me and i protected my head. Ready for  another blow that he was going to give me but surprised when he pulled me into a hug again. I sobbed hard, i wanted to struggle, escape and run away from him but i was too afraid to do so because i know that i couldn't not outrun him.

"Shhh sweetheart..Papa is sorry..papa doesn't mean to say that" he cooed to calm me down. I cover my mouth to stop myself from sobbing because i was too afraid if he was going to hit me again if i didn't stop my annoying sob.

"Good.." he said then planted a kiss on my forehead and patted my head gently as he looked at me then wiped the tear off from my red stinging cheek gently with his thumb.

"Papa will leave in the morning,okay? Now, go to sleep.." he got up and left me as he went to his room and locked himself. I was there, standing shakily with my hand was still covering my mouth.

After since that day, i didn't talk anything about it and acted like that night didn't even happened in my life. My dad was terrifyingly staring and watching my odd behaviour but decided to follow the flow and everything was alright.

I sighed deeply when that flash of memory suddenly appear in my head and it was killing me inside. His words were like poison to me that kills me slowly. i was a disgrace to him. That mask that he was wearing everytime we were spending our time together, his fatherly attitude, calming words and wisdom were all fake. Fake as shit.

'Why do i have to remember it now.. ' i thought in annoyance.

(Da'Xius's p.o.v)

I noticed that Grace was spacing out and her face expression was sour. she slouch down like her energy along with her soul were sucked out.

'I know something was bothering her...' i thought to myself.

"Hey... are you alright?" I asked as i shook her body gently to snap her back to reality.
Her body suddenly became straight and her eyes were wide open then she turn her acidic green eyes to look at me.

"Huh? Yeah? Oh ! Yes..of course i am alright..i was thinking the was to fight you" she grinned broadly, showing straight white shining teeth to me.
I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you even have to lie when you know that you are not alright?" I exclaimed. I expected her to feel guilty or anything close to that but she laughed it off and punched my shoulder.

"Aww DaxDax..please trust me.. this cute creature isn't lying to you" she said dramatically then ended up laughing again as i scowl.

"I won't stop.." i said sternly.
" i am your close partner that you claim as 'friend' in friendly manner" i finished. She huffed and gave me a haughty smile.

"As if you could make me talk.." she said with her arms across her chest and puffed her chest out.

"Oh..i could make you talk.." i promised as i chuckled darkly. Her eyes were widened as i suddenly lift her up and put her on my left shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"W-what the! D-Da'Xius! P-Put me down!" She commanded and i could feel her small hands were slapping my back. I chuckled and brought her someplace.

"I won't let you go...and i keep my promise..i will make you talk.." i said darkly.

"I-I was only joking,Da'Xius! Have mercy! Nooooooo"

(Grace's p.o.v)

I

sighed in defeat and let him bring me toward to whatever he wanted to bring me. Well...i was lonely.. but not after this big guy Da'Xius appeared.

I smiled softly.

------------------------------------------------------

Did you enjoy this chapter? Keep reading if you wanna know more about them 🌹

Where did he wants to bring her?

Will it be a threat?

What do you guys think about Grace and Da'Xius?

Please vote and leave comments ❤