Chapter 8

(Grace's p.o.v)

"What do you mean,Lou-dte kale?" He asked. I could felt rumble by his voice. His voice was incredibly deep, deeper than my dad's or the voice of the men that wanted to harm me. The depth of his voice sent shiver down to my spine but i didn't hate it, i like it.

His English pronounciation was good but based on his appearance, he looked like a male. He even called the man that nearly die earlier as 'human' and lou-dt- what? I didn't know why he called me that or what does it really mean. Is he an alien or what?

I heard a low growl and it came from him. He growled? I realized that i was staring at him so i quickly turn my gaze away from him. Staring is rude, i know. I looked at his wound, i ripped some of my cloth and wiped the green blood? How can i just noticed it? Now this is the real prove that he wasn't a human but an alien!. I've been quiet for a moment, he must impatient for my answer as i heard another growl.

"If i run away with that man earlier.. i will not know where he'll bring me. He harmed me before you attack them anyway.." i answered.
"But you protected him.." his growl grew louder. Weird, i didn't think his growl was meant as threat but disagreement with my action earlier.
"Everyone deserves second chances sometimes.." i said in whisper.

He scowled then looked back at me.
"What kind of excuse is that?" He asked sarcastically. Really, i didn't know why the hell i protected that man. It is just something inside me want to protect him, what? Nooo. Not that. Something inside me wanted to calm this male creature down.

"You were angry.." i said.
"Why would i angry? I got no reasons to be angry" he denied. I shrugged in respond then i got up and looked toward my house.
"I just could feel it.." i whispered.
"I want to go back home.. " I said after i whispered then looked back at him.
"Can you come with me?" I asked him politely. He was quiet for a moment then i saw his emotionless mask looked at me. His mask was cool and i like it.

"The last time you were with the men, you let them in.. and now you invited me to your house. Why do you like to expose yourself to danger?" He asked.
"Uh huh, who's going to take the corpse that you left in my house?" I rolled my eyes. He made clicking noise as he got up. He walked passed me then i followed him from behind. He looked like having a stroll, his steps weren't wide but damn it, i am running to keep up with him.
Suddenly, my body became weightless as he suddenly carried in bridal style in his arms.
What. The. Hell.

"I could walk" i exclaimed. He made clicking noise.
"I don't want to slow down and leaving you behind is dangerous.." he explained. Why he would he care about me, we even barely known each othe r.
"Why do you care about me? We just met and i don't know your name and same goes to you. My name is Grace by the way" i babbled.

(Da'xius's p.o.v)

Why do i care about her? Yeah.. why do you care about her,Da'Xius? She's just a mere human that you saved from those disgusting male humans.

"Do you want me to drop you?" I asked.
"Sure, in polite way of course.." she answered. She looked rather calm surprisingly and i cannot help but to feel amused by her.  How can she being calm after what happened to her.
"You look rather calm" i said as i continued to walk.
"I just killed a man right in front of you.. aren't you suppose to feel scared or anything?" I asked. She moved a bit in my arms as she looked at me with her vibrant green eyes.

"I was surprised and scared but i guess that i am okay now. I'm used to see dead animals that my father killed.." she answered. I stopped in my track then i turned my head to look at her.

"I killed a man, not an animal.." i said.
"He wasn't a man.. he's an animal.." she answered me again. Wow, that escalated quickly. How can she saved a man earlier and called his dead friend as an animal.

"You saved the man earlier and how can you said that his dead friend is an animal?" I asked again with a total confusion. This lou-dte kale really made me feel confuse to the space.
She squirmed and jumped off from my arms then she looked at me but then she ruffled her hair until it's a complete mess.

"something inside me, told me to calm you down because you were furious but i didn't know what to do so i decided to protect the man.. and i never thought that you would calmed down! I never care about those men! Call me weird cause i don't care" she stopped talking then i ask
"How did you know that i was angry?" She put her hands on her waist.
"Oh? You said that you got no reasons to be angry earlier.." she smirked. I scoffed and rolled my eyes under my mask, i seriously cannot predict this lou-dte kale.
"Just answer it already.." i exclaimed and she just shrugged in respond.
"I could feel it... deep inside.." she answered.

This was getting weird and weirder. I shook the curiosity off from my chest as i decided to continue walking while she was following me. We arrived, i took the body with me as i decided to take the skull off from the body somewhere else since i already messed up her house with the ruckus that i created. I walked out from the house with the body over my shoulder.

"So.... what's your name?" She asked me about my name again. I turned to look at her to give my whole attention to her . She was leaning against the door frame while giving her sweet smile to me. My heart fluttered with happiness as i see her smile, weird.

"Da'Xius.." i replied shortly. Her smiled grew wider.
"Say.... you're cool and thank you for saving me..i hope we could...you know.. meet again sometimes?" She asked nervously, her heart was beating fast until i could heard it clearly.
"....sure" i turned around and cloaked myself then disappeared through the calm jungle.