chapter 10

(Grace's p.o.v)

He wanted to see me? Wow. That was surprising to be honest. I shook my head quickly to prevent myself from staring at him then I pinched the bridge of my nose as I closed my eyes. I inhaled deeply then exhaled and i was totally having a hard time to digest his words.
I opened my eyes and put my arms on my sides.

"Alright.. why do you want to see me?" I asked him. He made the clicking noise before answering me. His body posture seems uncomfortable, his head turned to the left and right then back to me but then he looked away.

"Are you alright?" I asked another question to him and that made him snapped his head back to look at me.
"I am alright.." he answered briefly.
I nodded in respond then i walked to the living room. I could felt that he was following from behind even though his footsteps barely made any noises. I opened the main door of my house then stepped aside. I looked at him. I was surprised that he followed me like a little chick following their mother hen but i was no hen to this huge humanoid creature. Funny.

He was looking at me then he tilted his head in confusion.
'Why is this creature being so clueless? Is this creature always barge into someone's house?' I thought.

"Get out" i said and that made his body stiffen.
"No.." he protest.
"Da'Xius.. my father will be back soon and i don't want my father to discover you.." i said in total annoyance.
"But you already saw me.." he said.
"So?" I snorted.

"I need to kill you"

If words could kill then i would already die because i could see that the creature was no joke about it. He needed to kill me then why he didn't do it earlier?

I inhaled deeply to keep my composure at bay, i can't let myself panic in front of the creature. I thought he was friendly and heroic but he's more to a killing machine.
Two-faced bastard.

"Why you need to kill me? And why you didn't kill me now? Here?" I asked.

"Because you could tell your other kind about me and i cannot let that happen. I didn't kill you yet because you are unarmed.." he explained.

"I have nobody here,Da'Xius. My father wouldn't trust me if i tell him.." i sighed deeply then i turned around.

Suddenly i felt a firm grip by my shoulder, I grimaced because of the pain of his grip. It was Da'Xius. He turned me around to face him roughly and i swear that my shoulder would have bruise in the morning. I saw his emotionless mask but by his firm grip on my shoulder, i knew that he was angry.

BUT DARN WHY?!

♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤

(Da'Xius's p.o.v)

My anger was boiling inside me. How dare she turned her back on me!? Wasn't she realized that she just made a fatal mistake by turning her back on me!? The most dangerous hunter that could kill her anytime?! I was staring deep into her eyes, she kept looking at me but then i saw some tears start forming in her eyes.

'Oh? Now you're showing your weakness to me? Weak..' i thought to myself. I felt her small soft hands on my hand, she squeezed her eyes in pain as she bit her bottom lip.

"Don't you ever turned your back on me.. you don't know with who you're dealing with.. do you understand?" I asked her sternly. I heard a whimper from her, she was fighting the pain that i gave to her. I gripped her shoulder a bit harder then a sharp yelp escaped from her mouth.

"I-I understand!" She shouted out the word but I still had my hand gripping her shoulder. I grabbed one of her wrist and gripped on it. A tear escaped from one of her eye. I chuckled. I wanted to see more from this lou-dte kale.

"Beg for me to release you.." i said with amusement. Her eyes shot open in surprise then looked at me. She glared at me sharply.

'Oh? Playing hard? I wonder what kind of way to help yourself to escape from a creature like me..' I chuckled in my head.

(Grace's p.o.v)

What!? Beg??? Oh no no. I would never beg to him and i would not let him touch me whenever he wanted to. My shoulder was aching and it was begging for a release.

He was two-faced. I thought he was nice and heroic but he was the same just like the man that i saved before he could kill him. I looked down and i could see my legs.

Legs. Of course! I could split and my legs are thick because i always love to kick and dance. Even though i am not a badass girl but i always keep my body fit and healthy and strong enough to protect myself.

'I think i could kick him hard enough..' i planned mentally.

I lift my knee then i kicked his neck with the blade of my foot that made him immediately released me from his grasp but who did i kidding with.

He held onto his neck and made some rough clicking sound. I guessed that he was coughing. He turned to look at me then roared loudly and his roar could make my fur stand in one second. I turned around sharply, i snatched the flashlight that i dropped and quickly ran out from the house.

I heard another roar and that roar is a warning for me.

Warning of danger.

'Run for your dear life,Grace. 'Cause he is going to get you dead of alive ' i thought to myself while i keep running blindly in the dark jungle.
I was too afraid until i forgot to turn on my flashlight.
I didn't knew where i was and i knew that i lost. I wanted to turn on my flashlight but something was bothering me.

'He's going to find you if you do that'
I whimper quietly and continue running while depending on the moonlight to help me to get through the nightmare.

"Meet again? I don't think so" i said to myself

He was my nightmare.