chapter 12

(Grace's p.o.v)

A giggle escaped my mouth after i heard him stated that i will become his slave after he take me away to his planet and i could feel that the creature was looking at me oddly ; totally confused and curious of why i laughed at something that wasn't funny to begin with.

"Do you think that i will let you take me? ..then..if you want to take me.." i paused and he was quiet, waited for me to continue.

"On one condition.." i said as i lift my head to look at the creature that was towering over me. The creature stand still and patiently waited for me to finish my sentence.

"You have to play chasing game with me... you're the predator.. i'm the prey but capable to fight so...if i won against you in any fight.. you're free to take me to the planet.." i said with a challenging smirk plastered on my face.

(Da'Xius's p.o.v)

'That is an easy task and it doesn't make any sense.. isn't it suppose to be.. if she lose against me..i'll take her away...' i thought in my head as i stared at her. I started to imagine myself chasing the Ooman lou-dte kale, hearing her loud beating heart, thumping steps on the floor of the earth when she is running and her heavy pant piercing through my sharp ears but then something struck down on me.

Something that hurt more than just me. My pride.

I started to imagine the Ooman Lou-dte kale take me down; defeating me. I imagined herself stepping on me with her chest puffed out proudly.
I feel my pride hurt within me then i growled loudly. Loud enough to let her heard it.

"No!" I rejected the condition that she gave me.

She crossed her arms across her chest and i could feel her confidence rose up to the sky even though i was already right under her skin.

"Looks like the 'great predator' cannot accept the 'challenge'" she said sarcastically.

I became silent. She was challenging me but nothing was formed in my chest except feeling of relief. Why did i feel relieved that she was not going to my planet?

"Fine.. but you must follow some rules.." i said then continued

"first.. do not look into the predator's eyes.. you don't want to get yourself into trouble, Lou-dte kale.." i said after i took off my helmet and she looked into my eyes but quickly looked away from keep gawking at me.

"Sorry.. i just like your eyes-" she quickly clasped her mouth with her hands as if what she said was a fatal mistake.

"You like my eyes?" I asked.

She turned her head back to look at me and for a moment, i could something giddy inside of my chest. Something that made me feel at ease and happy.

"Your eyes look beautiful and the moonlight make it more...more beautiful.." she sighed dreamily then quickly snapped back to reality as she slapped herself.

I grabbed her wrist and i could see that she tensed up at my sudden physical contact with her but then i loosen up my grip around it to calm her down which she did calmed down to my surprise.

"Don't harm yourself..." i said briefly.

(Grace's p.o.v)

I tensed up as i feel a large hand of the predator grabbed me by my wrist but then i could feel that he loosened the grip so i wouldn't panic. I calmed every of my muscles. I looked into his bright sapphire eyes, the moonlight make it look vibrant and lovely.

"Don't harm yourself..." he said.

His eyes look like a peaceful blue sea with a promising calmness but i tried, i tried to find any feelings in his eyes.
I tried to read him through his eyes.
Failed. Why can't i read him?

My eyes laid down to her mandibles with sharp fangs at every end then a row of piranha like teeth. Seeing his appearance could make someone have a nightmare but to me, his looks is rather unique.
Well, for an alien.

I lift my other hand and touched his mandibles softly. I swear that the predator was enjoying my touch as i heard his soft purr. It was like the predator has been craving for affection but decided to pushed it away and forget it. I could feel the vibrate when he was purring.

I stepped closer to him as he slowly bending down to me to let me see more of his face. Something about him that i need to know but i don't know what it was.

"What are you..." i asked softly and his eyes snapped open.

He quickly pulled his hand away from my hand and took a few steps back. He shook his body a bit as if he wanted to drop something off from him then he looked back at me then growled.

"You need to go back to your place..." he said then continued.

"I will meet you again.." then He left.

I watched him until he disappeared through the jungle. Leaving me with my torchlight. I shook my head as i remembered that i just touched his face without his permission and of how rude it was.

But something was more bothering me than the touch. I put my hand on my chest as i could feel my heart was still beating fast and hurt.

'No...no no no..' i thought, denying what my head had been playing.

'First love at first sight?.. never.. a true love will never appear without trust..' i thought to myself as i puffed my chest up. Agreeing to the fact that i read from one of my novels about romance.

"I don't trust him.." i said it coldly as i left the place and went back home safely.

I hoped everything was alright..

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I am so sorry for not updating. I mean..
Lateeeee update!

I was so busy with choral speaking and drama 😢😢

But wowwww 600+ reads already!? I am so happy!!!

Thank you, my lovely readers!!🌹🐾

I will update sooner!!