02: Kartik meets a girl

Note: Play the music as instructed later to feel the story even better 

KARTIK: 

The platform was filled with outrageous people who never left a chance of pushing people out of their way, never caring of what could happen to them. I hung on the chain as I walked into the crowded or rather overcrowded local train, which I rarely boarded. Two women were arguing upon something and few men were trying to walk through... It was so crowded that I could barely see above the heads. Inside my pocket, I could feel my phone ringing continuously.

At some point in time, I found some space in the train for sitting and I left the chain and took my seat. From my bag, I brought out the special box in which Gayu had packed me the dhoklas. With one hand I placed one on my tongue and nearly gobbled it up. I wasn't aware of her cooking skills, but you see, now I am.

My phone beeped again... I inclined against the seat before picking the phone...The name :Papa: appeared on the screen.

"Yep, Papa!" I said

"Where're you now?" he asked

"In the local train... on the way to the airport..." I said, through the loudest chaos...

"Local Train? You could have taken a cab... Beta, it might be dangerous-" Papa said

"Oh, no, Papa... relax- relax..." I said, "I'll be there in an hour..." 

"Take care..." he said 

Suddenly, there was a strange commotion inside the train. I raised my head to see what it was about, but being unable, I stood up... A fatso pushed me unless I was almost balanced hanging down the chain like a monkey. 

"Bhaiya! Dheere dheere...!" I said, releasing the chain

(Play the music [Playlist given above]) 

A lady, about my age or less, ran into the compartment like a blind and bumped into me... resulting me to grab on the chain again. I nearly tripped backwards as I felt the arms scrape around my neck. I was completely awestruck. A flower woman, carrying flowers, suddenly jumped out of the train but her flowers flew at me. I caught the handbasket, vertically high above my head but the flowers fell on me as well as the lady who was still hugging me. 

"Miss- what are you doing?" I said... but the other people on the train were giggling at me. 

When she looked at me, I felt a strange resemblance of her with someone I knew

When she looked at me, I felt a strange resemblance of her with someone I knew... She had brown eyes, chestnut hair and a chiselled high cheekboned face. Her eyes were big and were then gaping at me.

"I am sorry," she said, brushing the flowers off her hair... 

***