03: Kartik saves Naira from the goons

The lady lets go my shoulders as she timidly slouches back into the crowd. There was a sign of fear and tension on her face and I could see that through her eyes. Her lips trembled badly as she said 'I'm sorry'... The train stopped on a platform and as I was about to get off the train, two bold and strong men stood before me...My heart leapt to my mouth on seeing them... Who're they?

"Hey, man! Did you see any strange girl on the train... we're searching for her..." asked one of them

"A girl?" the incidents ran across my head but on facing inside the train door, I saw, her timid face hidden behind a couple of seats. She looked at me with that scared expression and also with hope. 

"Babu, there she is!" screamed the second one as he ran inside the train and dragged her out by her hair. She yelled and screamed as I saw tears raining down her eyes. She must be in a terrible pain.

"Please- leave.... me"  she murmured weakly. Her knees almost kissing the dirty floor and her hands clasped in an apology. 

"Shut-up! Don't you know, you have your dance performance?" asked one of them

"I- I don't want-" the other one slapped her right on her face. A chunk of anger flew down me. My heart throbbed badly at the scene when no one jumped to rescue the poor girl. When the other man was about to slap her a second time, I rushed up and grabbed his hand.

"Enough, she's a girl-" I said rudely

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" asked the first one

"Guardian angel..." I said

"Guardian angel?" both of them stared in astonishment

"Her Guardian angel..." I said before punching the other on his face, so hard that he almost fell to the other side of the platform. The first one came for rescue and also to punch me but received my heavy and strong side. I grasped the girl by her arms and looked into her eyes- before asking...

"Tum thik ho? " I asked, "are you alright?" 

She nodded calmly...

"Where were they taking you?" I asked

"To- to the Maharaj Ji...They made us dance in front of bad people..." she said almost crying...

"Where do you live?" I asked

"Mumbai... my mother is Akshara Singhania and dad is Naitik Singhania... I got separated from them when I was seven... and since then the Maharaj and his men kept on torturing me... and other children..."

"Okay, I am travelling to Mumbai... come with me..." I said "Whats your name?"

"Naira Singhania..." she said, "and yours?"

"Kartik Goenka," I said, smiling 

"Okay-" she whispered, "May I ask you one thing?"

"What?" I asked back

"Your face reminds me of something..." she said 

"What does it remind you of?" I asked in a scared tone

"A frog..."

"A frog?" I asked before breaking into a chuckle.

"Anyways, thanks for saving me..." she suddenly hugged me, and I was caught off-guard. 

***