14: Kartik cares for Naira

"You are such a bhulakar, you didn't come to pick me up..."Gayu hit Kartik on his arm slowly.
They walked inside Swarna's room in one go.

"Maa!" Shouted Kartik... Swarna's eyes met Gayu's as she walked over to Kartik.

"Kittu, who is she?" She asked
"My friend from Rishikesh," Kartik replied

"Oh ho...Welcome to Goenka Villa...Whats your name?" She asked

"Gayatri Deora," Gayu smiled "you can call me - Gayu,"

"Gayu, you have got such a sweet name," Swarna said "Kittu, why don't you show her a room...Manish ji is not  home now, you can meet him later.

Gayu just smiled.

*

"Why didn't you say it to her?" Gayu asked Kartik

"Try to understand, they need to have good feelings for you at first," Kartik exclaimed.

Gayu twitched her lip into a smirk and followed him like a obedient cat.

"This - is your room," Kartik showed Gayu her room...which was all pink with purple and white veils.

"It's beautiful!" She exclaimed "Shaadi ke baad hum isi kamre mein rahenge"she said

"But I have a room..." Kartik said

"But I liked this one the most..." She twirled around and sat on the bed "achha, now I am tired... I need to rest... So bye!!" She said as she jumped into the bed and pulled the sheet over her.
Kartik smiled and switched off the light before he walked out.
On his way  he took the way past Naira's room and he heard low snivelling noises. He tried to peek through the open door and the sight really got his head reeling.

Naira sat up on the bed caressing her wound slowly and gently with her hand. The burn spot was much more intense than she had thought it to be.
Without a word or two he walked into her room and slammed the door behind his back. He grabbed hold of the antiseptic from dressing table and headed towards her. Then kneeling at the side of her bed he slowly placed his hand on the raw wound and moved his fingers along it.

"Kartik,what the hell are you-" Naira couldn't finish her words

"Shh," Kartik said "I am sorry, Naira"

"This is not your fault... I should have been careful enough..." She said "don't keep on blaming yourself for everything that happens. It's just not right,"

"Naira, how could you withstand this pain with a smiling face?" Kartik asked

"Like I have withstand the others. This pain is nothing in front my other pains..." She said, yet again smiling

"Is there anything troubling you?" He asked

"No,you see...I am completely fine." Naira said. Kartik pressed some antiseptic on his fingers and caressed it on her toe. Naira made low groans out of pain...

"Done!" He said

"Okay, now leave... If your girlfriend sees you with me she might have a wrong interpretation," Naira said.

Kartik didn't say anything. He wanted to teach her a lesson for her attitude but on the other hand he couldn't see her in pain.
........