16: 3 pray the same

Kartik:

I was feeling guilty for lying to her- and I will surely feel even guiltier when I see her shed tears in front of my eyes but I have to do this to know if I really have feelings for her. Have I really fallen for Naira. Whenever I look at her, it feels like slow wind is blowing past- brushing warmly against my skin. Her eyes remind me of the brightest sunlight I had ever experienced in my life and her smile is like the glossy moss under the sun's sparkling light. She is beautiful. 

I rubbed my fingers against the wooden cupboard, lost in her thoughts. I didn't know if she felt the same about me but if I confessed my feelings then there would be a chance of her falling for me as well. My nails stuck between my lips and my teeth as I slowly clenched on each. I could feel the tension rise in me... Suddenly there was a knock on the door- not once but twice. I swallowed a gulp down my throat. Would it be her? Naira? 

I clicked on my heels and held the door open to find Gayu looking blankly at me, searching for answers.

"Kartik- are you alright?" she asked

The happiness on my face suddenly faded away- I didn't know why... Along with that happiness my affection towards Gayu gently faded away. I just shrugged and said:

"What will happen to me?" 

"You sound different..." she mumbled

What did she mean?  I sound different? 

"No- I don't think so..." I said

She stayed calm for a few minutes when I, ultimately got bored of her silence and asked

"Koi kaam tha?" I asked her, breaking her everlasting silence

"Huh..." she was brought back to her senses and she said  "No-no... I was just-" 

"Thank you" I said before slamming the door on her face. The last look on her face was strange and unexpected...

What has happened to me? I placed my head against the closed door and slid down. Wasn't it me who claimed to have loved her? Is it still me who is ripping her heart apart. Why?

My phone started ringing... I rose up on my feet to receive it. On the screen I saw the teary reflection of my face? Why was I even crying? 

It was an unknown number. A number- which did seem a lot familiar to me but I was completely unknown to it.

"Hello?" I spoke against the dialler's pad. 

"BRO!!" someone on the other side screamed with full anticipation and enthusiasm.

"Who?" I asked which a sound of scarcity in me

"Arey buddhu... Main-KABIR !" The voice on the other end said.

My heart galloped with joy on hearing the name. KABIR. My childhood friend.

"Oh my god! Saala, tu!" I said as I ran my hand through my hair "How the hell are you, BRO!" 

"Me and good... Tell me about yourself. Found a girl? Had kids? Raised 'em up...?" Kabir joked

"Yes- yes... Now don't include my grand children..." I laughed it out "I am stuck, bro"

"Stuck, where?" he asked

"In  between feelings..." I said

"Don't say that you're in love..." Kabir said

"You know me well, bro..." I said "It's so. I am in love. Having feelings for two girls at a time... "

"Hang on... I hope you remember polygamy is banned, do you?" asked he

"Shut up. That's none of my plans." I said

"Details please," he said

"Okay. I fell for a girl named Gayu being in Rishikesh. Here, I met a girl-Naira and I can't see her cry... and find my emotions in hers," I said

"In this case- you must be head over heels in love with one but you still doubt if the feelings for the other is alive..." he said "FORGET it BRO! I AM Coming TOMORROW and I BADLY remember its thy BIRTHDAY!" 

"You do?" 

"Of course I do..."  he said "Okay, meet you tomorrow..." 

I smiled to myself as the phone call disconnected. I felt my teeth rub gently against each other and make strange noises. Did I really fall for Naira?

"O!Lord Ganesha, show me the correct path," ....

POV ENDS

Naira:

My lips twirled as I kept on smiling at the thought that Gayu Di was here but unfortunately she was there as Kartik's girlfriend. My love for Kartik would never fade ...But my love for Di is eternal ... I love her... I have missed her
...
I met her sixteen years later... again. And for her happiness I am willing to give up on my love.

"O! Lord Ganesh, show me the correct path ... Let me make the correct decision, which I won't regret later," I prayed

POV ends

Gayu:

It's not like I haven't seen how much Kartik is attracted towards my ever lively sister Naira. But he is my love. I do feel rejected often but hang on,my sister... Is My first priority...
I am ready to give up on Kartik for her...

"Lord Ganesha, let me not chose the wrong,"

POV ends
.....

कहते है, जब सभी लोग एकसाथ एकदूसरे के खुशी के लिए भगवान से प्रार्थना करते हैं , तब भगवान को उनकी बात सुननी ही परती हैं।
अब तो गणेश जी ही सही सुझाव दे सकते है::::💐