10: Naira and her alter ego

Kartik hung up on his call and to his surprise, he saw Naira turn her face and walk away. He instantly grabbed her hand, restraining her to her position. He saw the tears in Naira's eyes... and looked at her with a questioning look.

"Arey, tum phir roh rahi ho?" He said, making a funny face. A small v occurring between his eyebrows and his dimples wideout.

"No.. no... Maybe, something fell into my eyes," Naira said as she wiped her eyes. Naira started smiling... at Kartik...

"Now, why are you smiling?" he asked. One thing was crystal clear that Naira had feelings for Kartik and in no way she could get furious over him. 

"Okay, so you'll give me some time so that I can find your dad..." Kartik said, "till then- no weeping..."... Naira was confused... One question that arose in her mind was - Is he flirting with me? 

Kartik smiled his heart-melting smile and walked upstairs. But one the other hand Naira was in love with him

"What's happening to me? He has a girlfriend... so? What can I do? But- why am I having mixed feelings?" Naira questioned herself, her lips twitched into a smile when she looked in front her. There stood a chestnut-haired, brown eyed girl who looked like the alter ego of Naira. She stood in a gorgeous lavender crop top and pink long skirt. She looked at Naira with some unsolved questions. 

"Who are you?" Naira asked

"I am Naira Singhania, the daughter of Naitik Singhania," she said

"But that's me..." Naira murmured

"I know, but we are the same person- Only I am Naira Singhania and you are Naira- just Naira," she said

"No- I am Naira Singhania..." said Naira

"Uh- huh," the alter ego shook her head "you are Kartik's Naira,"

"Kartik's Naira?" Naira asked

"Yes, and don't you know that you've fallen for him already... How weak thy heart is," said the alter ego

"I fell for Kartik?" Naira asked

"If you wouldn't have, then in a million years you wouldn't have those imaginary butterflies flutter inside your empty tummy," she said

"But, he already loves someone..." Naira said...

"Naira, have you gone mad? You're talking to the air...?" a voice rang inside Naira's eardrums. When she looked around she saw, Kartik, who was merrily laughing at her...His brown hair fell to his forehead, covering half of it. His lips twitched into a smile. Naira, looked in front of her to see only space and no one else? Was she seeing things? 

"No one," Naira said to Kartik, but her eyes meeting the floor. Perhaps she tried to hide her blush from him... 

"Yeah, I can see that," Kartik said "Okay, so listen, I've got Naitik Singhania's number...and I'll call him right now," Kartik said

"You will?" Naira asked, "so many years have gone since I have seen him..."

Kartik just smiled and pulled the chair under him. He took his seat and Naira clung to a sofa beside him. 

"There you go..." Kartik dialled the number and put the call on speaker.

Buzzz... Buzzz... 

"Hello?" the voice from the other end said. A thrilling enthusiasm, love, passion ran down Naira's spine as she at once recognized his voice... Her memories filled up with all the reminiscences. Her crazy heart was now out of control.

"Hello, can I speak to Mr Naitik Singhania?" asked Kartik

"Yep, it's me," the other person said, "how can I help you?"

"Sir, do you have any daughter named Naira, who got separated from you sixteen years back?" asked Kartik

The voice on the other end grew impatience but-

"No," The voice on the other end said "I never had a daughter... I only have a son, Naksh," 

Naira's heart stopped beating. She plunged her thumb into Kartik's warm skin and let go of her tears...

"Sir, can you please recall  your memories once again?" asked Kartik

"I have said what I had to say... please, don't ring me back again," the voice terminated the call...

Naira's eyes pooled up with tears and she ran from that place, directed towards the puja ghar. Kartik followed her...

"Bhagwaan, why does it always happen to me?" She banged her head against Lord Krishna's idol and let her tears flow...

"God, please... make me meet my family..." she mumbled "please god," 

Kartik who stood at the door listened to her words carefully and was finally determined to give her back what she owned... On the other end, he was unsure if she was not lying...

***

Hey guys! Well, this is your author Marlie Johnson... and I wanna thank all of you for your love, gratitude and everything... Especially for liking my stories so much. In this chapter I couldn't give you KaiRa moments... but let the story continue, you'll get moments more than you had expected...

~Marlie~