07: Is Naira in love?

THIRD PERSON POV

Naira flushed merrily but Kartik excused himself by pulling out. A gulp rolled down Naira's throat. She had never outlived so much before and neither had she felt those wild butterflies down her stomach. Those feelings were unique and precious.

"Y-Your picture...And I think-think... Maa is calling me... You-you take rest..." Kartik was nearly stammering. We doubt if he even had expected the incident. Naira's heart galloped faster than a wild horse and she felt a connection with him... Was she already falling for Kartik?

He stormed out of the room, feeling a gust of heat on his cheeks. He stood by the balcony railing, gripping it tightly. He leant against the wall and took heavy breathes.

"What was that?" He said to himself "That feeling... that ... churning of the stomach?" He ran his hand through his hair..." what does that mean?"
'No - no Kartik, remember, you love Gayu... If she comes to know about this... She will definitely bury you alive' Kartik thought to himself. His heart hammered and he kept on swallowing down his throat. He bent down from the railing thinking about Gayu's reaction and who knows what might have come- the next moment he was hanging down the railing, almost on the verge of falling, and his scream awakened the entire Goenka Villa.

He was hanging down the railing like a monkey on a branch...
His scream awoke Naira, who had dozed off for a while, then.
She rushed out of her room and was dumbstruck seeing him hanging...

"Kartik...Ji- what-what happened to you... Why are you hanging there like a monkey??" She said, showing off the tensed expression on her face "how did you get there?"

"Arey, first pull me up..." He screamed "Aaargh!"

"Let me think-" she said as she bit her nail.

"Kartik... Please, hold tight!" Said Swarna

"Abey! Sochne ka wakt nahi hain... Naira, please, give me your hand," he said

"Try to understand... Agar mein aapko haath deti hoon toh hum dono latak jayenge!" She said

"Aur agar, tumne haath nahi diya toh mere gaale mein chandan ka maala latak jayega, Naira, please..."

Something tricky clicked her head.

"Dadi, is there a cot in your villa?" Naira asked

"Naira-ah! I said I will die ... But I am still alive...so why do you need a cot?" Kartik exclaimed with discomfort, his hands gripping the wooden rail tightly, tighter than ever.

"Please, keep shut for a while..." Naira said to Kartik

"Maaji, we can bring the gardener's cot?" exclaimed Swarna

"Arey, do anything but save my Kittu," Dadi almost threw her hands around and screamed. Naira ran downstairs towards them, with a tensed look on her face. Her silky chestnut hair which draped her skinny shoulders flew back and forth.

"Where's it?" asked Naira

"In the backyard..." Manish said. Naira never looked back and ran outside, she asked Manish to help her bring the cot inside the house. She kept it exactly beneath Kartik.

"Kartik Ji, let go of the railing!" Naira screamed. Kartik closed his eyes and chanted few names before the railing finally slipped from Kartik's hands and he dropped on the cot, groaning.

Everyone took a sigh of relief.

Naira held the cot in position

Naira held the cot in position... and looked anxiously at a groaning Kartik.

***

"Why were hanging like that?" Naira asked to a bedsick Kartik. His legs suffered from terrible muscle inflammation with stopped him from getting out of the bed.

"Arey, I wasn't hanging there intentionally!" Kartik screamed at Naira. Probably, he showered his anger on her but Naira, is a girl full of patience...

"What would have happened if you fell from there..." Naira said "This is so unfortunate,"

"Listen, you don't need to sympathize with me... And that was indeed a small height, I could have easily jumped," Kartik boasted himself

"Accha Ji," Naira crossed her arms and nodded sarcastically "then who was the one asking for help and my hand? A frog?"

"Naira- don't try to pull my leg..." Kartik said angrily...

"Nah! Nah! You're so brave- so courageous... that's why, you need bed rest, no? And besides, who would pull a frog's leg?" Naira kept on pulling his leg. Kartik's head boiled with anger, which reflected on his face. He forgot about the pain and almost tried to strangle Naira... but as unfortunate he is...

He tried to rest on his knee but his pain forbade him... The next moment, he found himself in the custody of two arms, stiffening him to the bed.

"Aaram se..." Naira said "you'll have enough time for strifes but first fix your foot..."

"I hate YOU!!" The bed sick Kartik screamed at Naira, who then gave him a flushing smile... and said:

"I HATE YOU, TOO!"
Kartik was astounded on seeing a person so happy on hating someone. He couldn't stop looking at the door and sigh at the intervals.

''''''
Naira's face flushed up with the red blush and she could feel her face get hotter. She wasn't sure of the emotions as she had never felt it before. The churning of her belly revealed something that she she could never have known... Sadly, we know it but she doesn't!
Naira was falling for Kartik and this was nothing apart from love at first sight...
***