07| don't know what to do

Jace

God I hope I didn't ruin everything with her. She's my best friend, but I've been in love with her for so long. And she was just so . . . . Irresistible.

"Jace." I heard a soft voice say.

I turned around to see Em standing by the table, I got up and hugged her in greeting before going across the table for two to pull her chair out. She mumbled a "thanks" and shot me a small smile. I then sat down. "I went ahead and ordered you a mocha latte with whipped cream and chocolate syrup and a chocolate cream filled donut. Hope that's okay." I told her.

She looked at me and nodded. "Of course it's okay."

A couple hours later we finally decided to leave the café. After an accident happened, one that was so 'hilarious' Emily hasn't stopped giggling.

"Oh-my-goodness! I can't believe you spilt coffee all over yourself and that poor old woman." Emily said giggling so hard tears were falling out of her eyes and streaming down her flushed cheeks.

God, she's so beautiful.

"Ha ha ha, it wasn't that funny." I grumbled out trying to hold back a smile.

"Yes it was!" Emily stated pausing by my car and turning to face me. "Especially when she hit you with her... Teeth!" Laughter spilled out of her mouth yet again and before I could stop myself, I had pulled her into my arms and placed my lips on hers. Kissing her.

Her laughter stopped. Her body froze. I started to pull back thinking I'd just messed everything up when she started kissing me back.

Emily

One second I was laughing at him and the next he was kissing me making me freeze before kissing him back.

Was it bad the only reason I was kissing him back was because the one I really wanted I couldn't have?

I'm not say he's a bad kisser quite the opposite and I do care for him but was it worth ruining years of friendship?

I pulled back and looked up into his forest green eyes. "I don't think..." I started when he spoke over me. "Look I know you don't want us to lose our friendship but what if we could have more?" He stated, "Please think about it. About giving us a chance to be more." He pleaded.

I sighed. "Fine, I'll think about it."

"Come on let's get you home." He said smiling softly, seeming satisfied with my answer.

I smiled back but on the inside I was freaking out.

Could me and Jace be more? Than just friends.

What about Dominic?

Dominic

It was a little past eight at night when I got home. I knew Careen wouldn't be there since she usually stayed out until three or four in the mornings on weekends, partying and drinking.

I couldn't help but wonder if Emily was home yet. When I got home I placed my keys and jacket on the table just inside the door before I headed upstairs to see if she was.

When I got to her room I knocked and waited. "Come in." A sweet voice called out. I walked in to see her sitting on her bed. The moment she raised her head and looked at me I could tell she had been crying.

I'll kill anyone who has hurt her. I thought to myself.

"Angel, what's wrong? Why have you been crying?" I asked going to sit on the bed beside her. "Nothing's wrong." She mumbled.

I grabbed her and pulled her into my lap and she laid her head on my shoulder.

"Tell daddy what's wrong." I told her, rubbing her arm soothingly.

"It's stupid really, I just don't know what to do." She sniffled. "What is it Angel?" She looked up into my eyes and let out a sigh. "Jace.. he wants us to be more than friends. And I don't know what to do. I care about him deeply but not like that. Not romantically. He's my best friend."

"Then tell him you'd rather just stay friends."

"But I don't want to hurt him. And I was thinking if I give 'us' a try then maybe I will end up wanting him instead of..." She trailed off, face flushing.

... word count - 713