14| i want a divorce

Dominic

"Don't you ever, and I mean fucking ever lay another hand on her again!" Careen flinched from the look I gave her.

Before huffing. "Whatever."

I narrowed my eyes at her.

She rolled hers before snarling up her nose. "So how long have you been fucking my whore of a daughter?"

Disgust clouded my features. "You have no right to call her that she isn't the one going around spreading her legs for any guy that gives her attention!"

"Yeah but at least I'm not spreading them for my mom's husband!" Careen stated.

"What husband? You're mother's a slut just like you but at least she isn't cheating when she spreads her legs for a different man every day."

Her mouth dropped open in shock.

Gripping the back of my neck with my hand I sighed. "Careen, I want a divorce."

"W-what? Why?" Tears filled her eyes.

"Careen you and I both know that this marriage was a mistake and will never work." I said, calmly.

"This is because of her, she ruins everything for me! First my body then my first marriage all because he didn't want her and now this!" She screamed

All of a Sudden a whimper sounded.

Looking from Careen and toward the open door I saw my angel, tears were streaming down her cheeks, her right cheek red and swollen.

"Angel." The look in her eyes frightened me. I knew something bad was going to happen.

"Is it true? Did dad leave because of me?" She whimpered out looking at Careen.

"Baby no, no I didn't mean that. I was just saying stuff. He didn't leave because of you." Careen started to walk to Emily.

"I'm sorry, so so so sorry." Emily whispered, before turning and running.

"Emily!" I called after her but she ignored me and a minute later I heard the front door open and slam shut.

"Look at what you did." The words tumbled out of my mouth, my heart was hurting because my angel was hurting. "I know what I did was wrong but you didn't have to go that far Careen. You and I both know that Heath (Heath was her first husband and my angels biological dad) left you because you couldn't keep your legs closed back then either."

Taking a deep breath to calm myself I muttered out, "I want a divorce. You can keep the house and everything else but I'll be back for mine and my angels stuff." Before walking out.

I felt disgusted, to think I slept with someone like her. Or even married her, someone who blamed their child for their first husband leaving. It wasn't Emily's fault, Emily was just a child, no older than eight when he left Careen for another woman. You couldn't blame him. She was cheating on him. And blaming Emily for ruining her body.. I shook my head. Emily didn't ask to be brought in this messed up world.

-

Seven months later. . .

It had been seven months since I last saw my angel, she just disappeared. I had looked everywhere for her. I was worried about her.

I couldn't eat.
I couldn't sleep.
I couldn't do anything.

I threw myself into my work during the day and spent my night drinking. . . to try and forget.

I became a drunk.

It's laughable really. In the beginning I mentioned I wasn't a drunk, that I only drank enough to forget for a little bit. Now I drank till I passed out.

It's funny how the world works.

You can have it all one minute and the next. . . Nothing.

... word count - 600