10| awkward moments and pleasurable doings

Emily

It had been a week since the night I lost my innocence to my stepfather. And to say things had been awkward since then would be an understatement. I felt so guilty every time I saw my mom. But I also felt jealous each and everytime I saw my mom and Dominic kissing or touching.

Thing's had also been tense between me and Jace.

I still hadn't given him an answer. And I knew that if I didn't give him one soon things were going to get even more tense.

And I could end up losing my best friend.

My heart hurt at that thought.

Sighing I looked at my phone for the twelfth time that day to see if he'd texted. But he hadn't. And that was what made me scared and upset. We'd never ever before went a day without at least texting one another. Even if it was just to say 'hi' or 'good morning'. But it had been two days since he'd last messaged me.

And the message just said don't forget you have a algebra test coming up.

That was it.

My shoulders slumped and I stared at the phone conflicted over whether or not to try and call him.

Knocking on my bedroom door sounded, ending my pity party and my conflicting thoughts.

"Yeah?" I called out.

My hands were getting clammy and my heart was doing flips.

Was it Dominic?

If it was I didn't know what I'd say. I'd been distancing myself from him even though that's the last thing I wanted to do.

"It's mom, honey." My mom's voice called through the door. "can I come in?"

Disappointment made my shoulders slump.

I really wanted it to be him.

"Come on in mom."

She entered my room, her brown hair was pulled back in a neat bun, her make-up to perfection and she wore a pair of brown slacks with a cream colored shirt with a dip in the front showing off some cleavage. On her feet were a pair of cream colored peep toe heels.

She walked over and sat beside me on the bed. "Is everything okay? You've been acting weird the past week. Has something happened?" She asked me, worry evident in her voice.

My mom might be a little bit.. what do you call it when someone worries about themselves more than most people and loves spending money, partying and hanging out with her girlfriends more than her daughter and husband. 'Self-asorbed?' Anyways she still cared and worried about me. Every now and then.

Which made me feel even more guilty.

"Just a lot on my mind mom, nothing to worry about." I told her. Lieing. But of course that didn't stop her from asking more questions. "Does it have anything to do with Jace? I've noticed you haven't been hanging out with him lately."

I sighed. "Well it does a little, he wants us to try taking our friendship to the next level." I told her.

She smiled, her hazel eyes twinkling. "You said yes didn't you? I mean I've always thought you two would get together."