19| epilogue - our forever

Emily

FIVE YEARS LATER. . .

"Mommy, tell Dalton to give me back my doll!" Avery whined, staring at me with honey brown eyes filled full of tears, of frustration.

I sighed and looked at Dalton who had just came into the kitchen, Avery's Barbie doll in his hand. "Dalton." I said with a warning in my voice making the small three-year-old look up at me with his big blue innocent eyes. "I pway with Avy, mommy." He said, smiling innocently.

"But I don't wanna play with you!" Avery said, glaring at her younger brother. "You're annoying! And you slobber on my toys!"

Dalton's baby blues filled with tears.

"Avery Mae Santos, you either play with your brother or don't play at all."

She groaned and stomped her foot. "Ugh! He can have it!" she stomped out of the kitchen making me sigh. She's become a handful, she used to be so sweet.. an innocent angel. Now at five-year-old I swear she's the devil's spawn.

"I sworry mommy, me not mean to mwake Avy mad."

Looking down at my sweet boy I smiled. "You're fine sweetie. Where's your brother?"

He shrugged and pointed toward the living room before plopping down on the floor and playing with Avery's Barbie doll.

Walking into the living room I saw my other child, Dylan, Dalton's twin brother sitting in the corner staring at the carpet.

"Dyl honey, you okay?" I asked bending down and placing a hand on his shoulder. He shrugged my hand off and nodded, not speaking.

Dylan and Dalton are like day and night. Complete opposites.
In personalities but in looks they're identical.

They both have a mop of curly brown hair, big baby blue eyes just like their father, my nose, their fathers bright pink lips...

Dalton's outgoing, michevious, loud and really affectionate. While Dylan on the other hand is on the quiet side, he rather stay by himself than play with other kids, he barely ever speaks, he doesn't like to be touched... And even though he's only three it worries me.

"I'm home!" A deep, rich velvety voice called, "where's my hugs and kisses?"

Running footsteps sounded from down the hall before Avery came into view, "Daddy!" she ran toward Dominic who scooped her in his arms. "How's my baby girl?"

He asked and I signed and watched and waited.

In three, two, one and...

"Dalton took my doll and I told mommy but she sided with him and now I can't play because I don't wanna play with him daddy. Mommy don't like me."

"Aww honey I'm sorry. Mommy does like you."

"Nuh uh, she don't."

I shook my head, Avery is very dramatic. If you can't tell.

And a daddy's girl.

My husband's blue eyes met mine over our daughters shoulder, a smirk plastered on his handsome face.

I rolled my eyes.

"Dwaddy!" Dalton came stumbling into the living room, before falling onto his bottom. His bottom lip trembled and cries left his mouth. Avery got Dominic to put her down, she walked over and helped Dalton up "C'mon Dalt, let's go play cars and dollies."

I held back a laugh.

As I watched them walk down the hall toward Avery's room.

Arm's wrapped around my waist and I was pulled into my husband's arms. "Hey angel." He murmured before placing a loving kiss on my lips, his hands moved down to grip my ass and I shook my head "Dylan honey."

He frowned. I nodded toward the corner where Dylan was sitting still, still staring at the carpet, lost in his thoughts.

Dominic walked over and plopped down on the floor in front of him. "Hey bud, why you over here by yourself?"

Dylan continued to stare down at the carpet. Not aknowledgeing him.

It wasn't anything unusual. Ever since Dylan was born he'd always been quiet.

He never cried when he was a child. Not even if he was hungry or had a dirty diaper.

-

That night as I laid in my husband's arms I couldn't stop the smile from crossing my lips.

"What are you smiling about, beautiful?"

I looked up into Dominic's eyes. "It's just I'm so happy."

"I am too angel."

I cuddled into him and absently traced my finger over his tattoo on his chest.

It was mine and all three of our kids name, my name has wings behind it because I'm his angel. Avery's has a little girls hand held in a father's hand because she's his baby girl, daddy's girl. Dalton name has little devil horns and angel wings because he's daddy's little michevious angel and Dylan's name has. . . a lone wolf howling at a moon.

I had asked him why he'd gotten that and he'd said "Because Dylan is like the wolf howling at the moon. He's howling his emotions out, and because he's my little wolf. He's going to grow up to be like the wolf. Strong, protective, quiet but when needed he'll command a whole room."

"I love you, Mrs. Santos."

Smiling, I leaned up and whispered "I love you too, Mr. Santos." before placing my lips on his.

Our life might not be what we'd had planned but we're happy and that's all that matters.

My love story has come to a close but not to an end.

Because it will never end...

... word count - 892