11| clarity, guilt and hurt

Emily

The next morning I woke up to find Dominic staring down at me, love shining in his eyes. His hair was slightly damp and his body was clad in nothing but a pair of jeans, his toned abs on show. "Morning angel." I smiled lightly at him and mumbled out a morning before sitting up in the bed, the comforter slipping from my chest and pooling at my waist.

Dominic stared hungrily at my bare breast, my nipples hardening from the hear of his stare. Before I could cover back up he was on the edge of the bed, his dark head was bent, his lips latching onto my breast. Low moans slipped through my lips as I gripped his head holding him to my breast as he sucked, nibbled and licked.

The fog of desire that'd taken over last night was still clouding over me mixed with my need for him. Making me forget...

"Stop!" I pushed him away.

"What, what is wrong angel?" He frowned down at me and I shook my head, raising a hand to push my tangled, bed and fucked ridden messy hair out of my face.

"This... we can't do this." The fog of desire was gone, lifted and in it's place was clarity. And guilt. Loads of guilt.

"Angel.."

"No, Dominic. Last night shouldn't have happened. Neither should have the first time.. you're married to my mother and she's.." My eyes widened.

"Where is she?" I asked. Was she home last night? Did she hear me and her husband fucking? Did-

My frantic thoughts were cut off by Dominic speaking calmly. "She's not home. Hasn't been since yesterday morning." My shoulders slumped in relief.

"Angel.." I raised a hand to stop him from continuing what he was going to say.

"No, Dominic. Don't even try to change my mind. We both know this.. whatever this is between us shouldn't have happened.."

Tears brimmed in my eyes.

The guilt of what I did and had been doing starting to eat me alive.

My mother might've been self-absorbed, bitchy and hardly ever around but I loved her and she loved Dominic. And what I did was wrong. So so freaking wrong.

"Don't cry baby, it's okay. We will work everything out. I'll tell your mom I want a divorce and we'll be free to be together. I can't lose you angel, and I can not go back to before.. not now that I've had you. You're mine."

His voice was soothing, calm.

I wanted so badly to listen to him. To believe him but we'd never be able to be together. Not without someone getting hurt in the process.

"No." A tear slipped down my cheek. "You're going to stay with my mom and we are going to pretend this, us, never happened and for me I'm going to.. I'm going to do what's best.. for me, for you and my mom. I'm going to give him a chance and maybe just maybe somewhere in the future I'll be able to end up feeling even an inch for him the way I do for you." I brokenly whispered the last part.

"Who, that fucking Jace boy your mother can't quit going on about?" He asked in a dangerously low voice, "The one who thought it was okay to keep you out past your curfew? The one who made you cry and let you walk home in the fucking rain? The one you were sharing fucking saliva with!" By the time he was done, he was standing, hands fisted by his sides, chest heaving, jaw clenched, and different emotions flitting across his handsome face.

"Dominic." I stood, ignoring my naked state and reached out to touch him only for him to jerk back away from me. Hurt coursed through me.

"You know what? Do what the fuck you want Emily." His voice was cold, emotionless, hiding how he felt. But his eyes betrayed him. Pain and hurt filled his baby blues.

Turning he stormed out of my room, leaving me standing there, naked, tears of pain, hurt, agony and guilt streaming down my cheeks.

Why was this all freaking messed up?

Why'd I have to have these feelings for my stepfather?

Why'd he'd have to feel the same forbidden feelings as I?

Why couldn't I have had these feelings for Jace?

Or anyone else besides my stepfather. Dominic.

Why'd he have to be the one who owns me heart, body and soul?

Why?

... word count - 749