17| getting my angel back

Dominic

I watched as my angel cuddled into Jace's side, her frame shaking with sobs.

Her cries hurt me. I was the reason for them. Even though she was crying her heart out I couldn't help take her in.

She looked so beautiful. Pregnancy agreed with her. Her skin practically glowed, her belly was bigger then the last time I saw her. I missed her so much.

The way she clung to him made my vision turn red.

When he practically claimed her and our baby was his I had to hold myself back from punching him in his smirking face.

They weren't his and never would be.

They are mine!

"Dominic baby, are you okay?" Amy asked.

I looked over at her and my jaw clenched in anger. I swear if she'd been a man I would've beaten the shit outta her. Why? Because her slutty ass came up to me, wrapping her near naked body up on me and kissing me. Worst part my angel saw.

"Listen closely you slut, stay the hell away from me. You have no right coming up wrapping your diseased ridden self around me and kissing me." Her eyes widened in shock. "you might have just ruined my chance of getting my family back." I told her.

"You mean that fat kid that was cuddled up to that hunk crying like a bitch?" She asked, with a look of disgust.

I grabbed her by her upper arms and lowered my head, and told her in a fury ridden voice. "That fat kid as you say is the love of my life and my baby mama. So don't you ever day another word about her. Before you mouth off about other people you should go look in a mirror." I then turned and walked away from her.

It was time I got my angel back.

-

Three hours later and my plan was in motion.

"It was nice doing business with you Mr. Santos." The realtor said, handing over two keys to my new five bedroom house.

I just nodded and thanked him for his help before getting in my car and heading to Babies R Us.

When I walked into the store a young girl no older than twenty came up to me "Hi welcome to Babies R Us, my name is Maya, is there anything I can help you with?" The girl rushed out.

I smiled and started to shake my head and decline when I suddenly stopped. "Yes, if you don't mind I need everything there is for a baby girl." The girls eyes widened "E-everything?" the girl stuttered out. "Yes, this is going to be my first child and I want everything there is for her. I will spend whatever I need to."

"Oh and the theme I'm wanting is pink, not light or dark but in between."

Pink is my angels favorite color.

-

When I got home I started to work on decorating my baby's room. The painter I had hired right after buying the place had already finished with her room. The walls were painted white, there was pink ballerina bunnies dancing painted on the walls and right were the crib would be placed was the name Avery painted in neat cursive.

My angel always loved the name Avery, when she was around twelve we had been watching a movie when out of the blue she told me "When I have a little girl, I'm going to name her Avery." I had looked at her and frowned. "What are you talking about? You're too young to be thinking about kids when your a kid yourself angel. And names.." She had giggled. "I know that Daddy, it's just.. I've always loved the name Avery, Avery Mae Santos."

This time I had chuckled. "Well love I'm sure when you have a child, years and years from now that your husband or boyfriend will want the baby to have his last name."

She pouted. "Nuh uh, I don't care. She's going to have the last name Santos. Like.." She frowned yet again and sighed. "I guess it'll have to be Avery Mae Mills since that's my last name.."

"Hey don't get upset angel, she can have the name Santos."

"But I'm not a Santos. I'm a Mills. You didn't want me to have your last name."

"Of course I did and do. Your mom wants you to keep Mills. She doesn't want me to adopt you. Angel because if she'd let me I would in a heart beat." She crawled into my lap and snuggled up to me. "I love you, Daddy Nic."

Shaking the memory away I got busy.

By the time I was done with the baby's room it was already dark outside, and I knew my angel was probably already asleep.

But I promised myself I was going to get my angel and baby tomorrow. No matter what.

... word count - 820