Chapter Fifteen

I would spend my days not moving from my laptop. After Mom left, I felt more depressed. The only walking I ever did was to the fridge and bathroom. I hadn't left my house in weeks, let alone take a shower or change clothes. I was a mess.

The daily knock came to my door. He opened it, knowing I couldn't respond anyway. I gave a small smile to Preston, then went back to my music.

"You know that phone call last night?" I barely heard over Imagine Dragons. I nodded, but didn't really care. "That was the hospital. You've not been going to your mental therapy sessions. Listen, it'll make you feel better." I nodded and continued to watch the music video. I didn't really care, no one could help me. I was too ignorant and depressed to care. Nothing mattered anymore. I was about to click replay when Preston pulled off my headphones. I opened a new tab and typed in the bar: Give those back!!

Preston shook his head. "Zoey, you need help. Please." He did his puppy eyes at me. I hate it when he did that. I erased what I typed and put: Fine. Only cause you said please.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek, which made me blush a little. "I know nothing about girl stuff, but you need a makeover!" I rolled my eyes. He pulled put his phone and talked to someone. I ignored him and turned up the music. He eventually shut off my laptop. I glared at him for a few seconds then stopped. I can't stay mad at him, he's all I got.

"Rob and his girlfriend are coming over. Hope you don't mind." I shrugged. Rob was really quiet, like me. Stayed in the back of class, never answered questions. He was a part of the big crowd, just very, calm. The Rob that knocked on my door was not the Rob I thought I knew.

"Macie heard the word makeover and flipped out. Who is she again?" Rob leaned out of the doorway and looked at me. I stared at Preston's feet and pretended not to notice him. "Is she OK?" I heard him whisper. I just wish I could respond.

"Hey Preston! I've seen Zoey before! What does she need?" That Macie? The girl who ignored me and pretended I was invisible? God this should be good..

"I don't know. She hasn't really moved from that spot since early June. She didn't go to therapy like she was supposed to." Macie seemed curious. Preston, please, please keep your mouth shut.

"Well, she kind of has depression and stuff." Macie frowned and Rob remained emotionless. "That's sad." That's what you think! Its worse than sad! She came over to me and studied me for a minute.

"Light pink lipstick, a little bit of blush, some curls in your hair and you'll look human again!" Again, This should be good.

TWO HOURS OF MAKEOVER TIME LATER

"Girl, you look gorgeous!" She said as I looked in the mirror. I had to admitted, I looked prettier than I ever did before. My face felt caked with makeup, but I felt better. And looked better.

"Can you get down the stairs? Or are you going to trip again?" I rolled my eyed and went down without any problems. Preston looked up from his phone and gaped.

"You don't look like a homeless guy anymore!" Rob yelled. I knew he was joking, but I still rolled my eyes. I need to stop doing that before they roll out of my head.

"So are you-you ready to go Zoey?" Preston stammered. OK, I looked a little better, but I'm still ugly. I don't know what he's thinking. Rob elbowed him.

"Come on Macie. We gotta go. Good luck Preston, you're gonna need it!" "Don't be a cactus Woofless!" Preston joked back. Woofless? I will never understand boys. They left and a few minutes later so did we.

"They said its two hours. I'll come back to pick you up. OK?" I nodded and left the car. I felt really nervous. U didn't feel myself at all. Now that I'm here, I want the help. But, what if they think I'm OK now that I look normal? I felt like crying and I wanted Preston to come with me, but he already drove away.

"How may I help you?" A lady asked at the desk. I haven't been around anyone in a month. And I couldn't talk. Crap. I tool the pen from her desk and wrote the sign up sheet my name and the time I am supposed to be here.

"Can ya talk sweetie?" I shook my head. "Do you know who you're seeing?" I shook my head again. Preston, why did you leave me?

"Let me make a few calls." I sat in the seats next to the desk. I was the only one there.

"Miss? You go down the hall, the second door on the right. Someone is still there, just wait outside the door until they leave." I nodded and started to walk down the hall. I found the room as soon as someone walked out. He looked familiar. I realized it was Ty.