Chapter Twenty One

"Are you going out with Preston?" It read. My heart stopped. It wasn't a threatening note. Not something cruel. That was the closest thing to gossip I have done in years. Then I realized I was in trouble.

"Well, Zoey? Are you going out with Preston?" I didn't really have to answer that, did I? The teacher started to tap her foot.

"Yes Mrs. Smith." I said quietly. Technically no, but we pretty much were. The therapist described him as my "helper." He pretty much did everything that I couldn't because I was so depressed.

"Well that's great to hear. You can do a report on why you shouldn't write notes in class and bring it back tomorrow." This was unfair. I was too shy to say that it wasn't me, so I was accepted my fate.

For the rest of the class, no one passed notes. I pulled out my notebook and started writing it in my lap. I want to spend as much time on my laptop when I get home.

The bell rang. I gathered my stuff and made sure I was the last one to leave. The girl who threw the paper at me was at the door.

"Hey. Sorry you got into trouble because of me. I'll do that report if you want." I looked at her and shrugged. I was almost done anyway.

"I saw you and Preston holding hands and I was just wandering. My name is Jocelyn by the way." She extended her hand. I awkwardly shook it.

"Hi." I barely whispered. Is this a new friend? I only had two in middle school,but one had to be moved to a "special" school and the other moved out of state. Still haven't heard from them since.

"Where you going? I have science next." I nodded. That's what I have too. Preston was by the door. I gave him a wave and smiled.

"How's language arts?" I sighed. "I have a report to do."

"I got her in trouble. Its my fault." Jocelyn said quickly.

"Oh. Well, let's go get the good seats." I stepped into the room. Three seats were by the windows. How convenient.

"Remember Rob?" Preston asked. I waved at him. He's been over a few times. He sat two seats away from us.

"Hey! None of them are here!" I whispered to him excitedly.

"Who's them?" Jocelyn asked.

"None of...the soccer players. Their such jerks." Preston lied quickly. I silently thanked him. I didn't need that spread across the school.

"Everyone knows about what happened Zoey. Adam took a selfie at the hospital." She replied. I let my hair fall in front of my face. I don't want to think about that. Now the whole school knows. The whole school knows...

God I hope it isn't worse this year. Now that they all know. The teacher closed the door and started class.

~~~~~~

"Zoey! Want to sit with them?" Preston pointed to Rob and a few other friends. I shrugged. Jocelyn was no where to be seen, so I just sat by him.

"Oh you're Zoey!" A blonde haired guy said. I shrugged. I'm going to break my shoulders.

"Thats Lachlan. He's Craftbattleduty on YouTube." I watched a few videos with him in it. He's not too bad.

"Hi Zoey." Rob said. I grabbed my spoon and messed around with my mashed potatoes. I doubt its even eatable.

Loud shouts were coming from the other side of the cafeteria. It was the Team Crafted table. Except, there was a girl with them. I could barely tell who it was.

It was Jocelyn.