{3}

"Um, what the hell was that?" Jaemin said, lifting his head up from Jeno's shoulder to look around.

"Who else is down here?" Mark whispered, his head whipping around frantically to search for the person who screamed.

"Ow! Crap, that's gonna leave a bruise." An unfamiliar voice winced in pain, a loud thud erupting within the place, leaving the waterfall rushing through the rocks as just a small sound.

The boys all froze, wondering what the hell said that, or who.

The unfamiliar voice kept wincing in pain, whimpering probably from the impact of how hard they hit the ground.

Right at the second, Mark's eyes turned into a radiating shiny dark blue, giving off a diamond glowing in the sunlight reveal. The friends soon began to understand what's happening as black and blue sparkles surround and cover Mark; the transition to a wolf nearing.

In one swift movement, the sparkles wrap up in a swirl as a 5-foot black wolf with shining blue eyes stands. Black fur coated its skin, the ends of it shining underneath the moonlight looking down over the trees. It was unbelievable; the wolf almost looked unreal.

Well, then the friends realized that Mark literally just turned into a wolf so let's say their reaction wasn't exactly pleasing.

"Oh hell nah!"

"Bro what the fu-"

"Holy mother of the lord, that wolf is tall."

"I think I peed my pants a little.."

The boys all turned around to look at Chenle, who was now covering a certain place on his pants.

They gave Chenle a disgusted face as they stared at him, checking if he was serious or not; sadly, he was serious.

"What?" Chenle responded.

Mark, also known as the giant 5-foot tall black wolf, looked around and started running towards the sound almost like he was being pulled in to a certain place.

"Come on." Renjun whispered, quietly running after the wolf, trying to see where he was going as he just suddenly started running out of nowhere.

Mark stopped in front of a young boy who looked about the same age as him or maybe a little younger, realizing that the boy was sitting down on a rock a few inches away from the waterfall.

He had cuts on his knees and bruises on his arms, his head was down so he couldn't see the wolf standing in front of him.

The boys stood a few feet away, observing what was happening.

The boy looked up and met eyes with the wolf, jumping in fear as he tried to crawl backwards away from it.

However, Mark just continued to walk towards the boy.

"Please, don't hurt me." The boy pleaded, fear circling in his voice as he tried to get away but the wounds were stopping him.

Black and blue sparkles surrounded the wolf, transitioning over to Mark's human form instead; the shining blue eyes being the last thing to turn back as it went to brown. Mark was in a kneeling position, and scooted a little closer to the boy.

The boy got even more scared but he didn't try to get away this time.

"How did you.." The boy trailed off, seeming a little less scared since he wasn't eye to eye with a huge wolf.

Mark slightly smiled, "It's a long story."

"I think I have some time." The other said, tilting his head as he tried to move his ankle but started to wince in pain.

Mark's eyes widened as he saw the other in pain, the sparkles surrounding him once again as he went back to his wolf form.

The boy flinched as the wolf got closer to him, his fear slowly taking over. The wolf stood in front of the boys ankle and lowered his nose towards it, as if he was detecting something. The boy was confused; what the hell was this wolf doing?

The wolf moved back, closed its eyes, and opened them back up. He pressed his paw onto the boys ankle, making the boy slightly clench his fists. A blue ray of light wrapped around his ankle and quickly disappeared. Mark took his paw off the boys ankle as he returned back to his human form.

"Stand." Mark said softly, gesturing for him to stand up.

The boy moved his ankle and this time, he didn't wince in pain; he was surprised by it— actually more like terrified and confused but nonetheless, he was thankful.

He didn't wanna face his mom with a broken ankle.

The boy looked up at Mark in shock but all Mark did was chuckle, a smile spreading on his face.

Marks friends came out from behind a tree, awkwardly smiling.

"Oh! These are my friends. That's Jisung, Jeno, Jaemin, Chenle, and Renjun." Mark pointed at them once he said their name, finishing it off by introducing himself.

"And I'm Mark, by the way." He smiled as he looked at the boy.

"I-I'm Donghyuck." The boy said quietly, covering himself with his arms.

"Are you cold?" Mark asked, ready to take off his jacket and hand it over to Donghyuck.

"Ah no, it's okay. I'm fine." Donghyuck responded, but unexpectedly shivered right after he finished talking.

Mark just chuckled and took off his jacket, swinging it over the others shoulders and wrapping it around him. He lightly smiled as he looked at the other boy but his smile faded as he saw bruises on his arms.

"Um, did you get those bruises from falling?" He asked softly.

Donghyuck looked up as his eyes widened, subtly moving his hands over the bruise. He didn't know whether to say something or not, he didn't even know this kid. Sure, he kind of saved him from an injury with whatever power he used (which also confused the hell out of the kid) but he wasn't sure how the other boy would take it. He was snapped out of his thoughts as Mark's friends all sat down next to the two kids in a close circle.