{4}

Donghyuck mentally panicked for a good minute, his head hanging low as Mark and his friends were in a circle around him, clearly ready to hear whatever Donghyuck had to spill.

"It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it. I won't force you." Mark said in a soft tone.

Donghyuck shook his head, "No no, it's fine. I just don't know how to put it into words."

Mark let the kid breathe for a second until he was relaxed. "I, well- okay. My mom is abusive towards me, she has been ever since I was like 12 years old. I'm 17. My dad left us a few months before she started becoming abusive. She always said it was my fault that he left but I never believed her. We were close to the perfect family too." Donghyuck chuckled bitterly, his head rising up to look at the waterfall that poured over the rocks that shone through the moonlight.

"We always went somewhere fun every weekend. It was like a different adventure every time and we all loved it. Then, one day I found my father packing early in the morning so I asked him where he was going but he didn't answer. All he did was just give me a kiss on the forehead and said goodbye, after having me follow him down the stairs. That was it. He left and he never came back, still hasn't."

The boy looked over and made eye contact with all the boys sitting in front of him. "I've been dealing with beatings and bruises most of my teenage life. I'm used to this, but it isn't horrible. She mostly uses a belt or a wooden bat. There could be worse things and I'm afraid to scream and confront her because I feel like she would just go crazy and take her anger out on me even more."

"You miss your dad?" Mark spoke up.

Donghyuck smiled, one drained with emotion completely. "More than anything."

"Now, you tell me how you can do that wolf thing because it may not have looked like it, but you scared the absolute shit out of me." Donghyuck said, laughing as he leaned back while supporting himself with his hands.  

Mark and the boys spent a good 30 minutes explaining everything. The demon, the spell, the soul taking, basically everything he needed to know so he wouldn't be confused.

"..and that's basically everything you need to know." Jisung ended it off as he looked towards Donghyuck.

"Wow. Just.. wow." He said, eyes widened as he looked at the rest of the group.

Mark awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, looking down until Donghyuck spoke up.

"I hope you don't mind but I was wondering if we could all be.. friends? I understand if you don't want to because that's completely fine with me so I don't have a problem with it in case you're wond-"

Mark gently placed his hand on the boys head, slightly ruffling his hair as he chuckled. "Yes, we would love to be friends with you, now stop rambling."

All the other boy could do was smile and Mark may or may not have found that to be the cutest thing ever.

~~

9:47 PM, Streets

The seven boys were currently walking around the streets of Seoul; mostly admiring the tall buildings plastered with windows that could be seen from anywhere, the flashing neon signs of different places to visit, lights that scattered across from above them to make sure people could see, and the beauty in all of it.

Mark made sure to walk close to Donghyuck just in case, the younger insisting beforehand that it was alright but Mark was sure that he wanted to do it.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves but Mark was worrying about another thing. In all honesty, he was scared. He didn't know what the hell the secret to control his powers was and he still had to find out.

For the love of god, all he wanted to do was crawl into a corner and die, considering the fact that it was possible before shaking his head and reminding himself that maybe doing that wouldn't be the best thing to do.

"You good?" Donghyuck nudged him gently with his elbow, a small smile playing on his lips.

"I'm just confused on how I'm gonna find out what the secret is to control my wolf powers." He sighed, turning away to continue looking at the streets and lights.

"Well, maybe I could help? Only if you want me to, of course." The other boy said as the smile never went down.

Mark hesitated for a quick second before returning the same smile. "Yeah. I'd like that."

~~

this took me forever to write and it's honestly so short ugh but i'll try to write a longer chapter for the next update

buuttttt i feel like my writing sucks complete ass *laughs nervously*

anyways next chapter is where some things get out of hand (wink wonk)