{6}

10:30 AM, Library

It's been a week. A full week of the seven boys looking through almost every single history book about wolf legends and basically anything that had to deal with wolves.

They only had less than a month, as of now, until Mark would be soulless if he didn't know how to control his powers.

Let's just say Mark was scared, okay maybe absolutely terrified.

But he wasn't the only one.

Donghyuck, who was becoming closer and closer to the boys every day, was still trying to deal with all of this. A human turning into a wolf? Impossible. A human having powers? Impossible.

No matter how much he wanted to believe that this was reality, he just couldn't. He pondered over how insanely weird this all is and couldn't help but blame himself for even stumbling into that secret place.

"I can't do this." Donghyuck spoke up, closing the history book and tossing it onto the table.

The other boys looked at him confused, "Can't do what?"

"This! Mark, you being able to turn into a wolf is impossible. I'm sorry but I just can't take in all of this. I'm leaving." Donghyuck stood up and hurriedly packed his things together, running out of the library.

Mark sighed. "There's no point in trying to convince him to stay."

"There is. And that's what we're gonna do." Renjun said proudly, leaning back into his seat as he crossed his arms.

"If you're trying to look cool after saying something proudly, please stop." Jisung said, laughing a little afterwards.

Renjun playfully rolled his eyes, giving a look to Mark as if he was saying, 'we're gonna convince Donghyuck, I don't care what you say'.

~~

Donghyuck stood in front of his house door, not wanting to go in. He hated this place, but he loved it. Memories with his dad were all in here but his mom was inside, waiting for a certain someone to come so she could beat them.

So many 'what if' thoughts always seemed to catch Donghyuck's mind at times like this. What if his dad never left them? What if his dad returned? What if his mom didn't beat him? What if he knew the real reason why his dad left? What if, what if, what if.

Hesitantly, he opened the door. He wasn't surprised when he saw his mom waiting on the couch with a belt in her hand.

"Oh! Sweetie, you finally came home."

"Yeah, mom. I'm home." The boy threw his backpack onto the side of the wall.

"That's great! Now, let's get to it, hm?" She smiled sickly, her knuckles turning white due to how strong she was gripping the belt.

~~

"Dude, I'm telling you I can't go faster." Mark groaned, sweat covering his body.

"Yes you can, hurry up!" Jisung rushed him as he was getting impatient.

"You know I'm not good at cooking eggs! I can't even work a phone, what do you expect me to do?!" Mark complained. Jisung was rushing him to make eggs for the rest of the guys but is now regretting his decision.

"You're horrible." The other boy shook his head, pushing Mark out of the way so he could cook the eggs.

Mark sighed. He just wanted to make the damn eggs correctly, but as he thought more about it, he really shouldn't have agreed to doing it.

"I shouldn't have even brought up the idea to let you cook." Jisung shook his head, cooking the eggs the right way.

"I'm not that bad." The other boy muttered; it unfortunately being loud enough for Jisung to hear.

"You were cutting fruit in a bowl with scissors! Scissors, Mark! Who the hell does that?!"

"That was one time!"

"Yeah, and hopefully it stays like that!" Jisung shouted for the last time, taking the eggs (which were way better cooked) out of the pan and putting them onto a plate.

Mark filled up the glasses with milk and set the table, making sure he did something right this time.

~~

"Jeno, come on. Breakfast will probably be ready by now, stop kissing meee." Jaemin whined as he attempted to push Jeno off of him who was currently kissing all over his neck and face.

"They didn't even call us yet." The other replied, moving his head down into Jaemin's chest to cuddle.

"BREAKFAST IS READY, YOU HOES." The two heard Jisung shout at the top of his lungs.

They both slowly got out of bed and shook their heads, "That kid. I swear, no manners whatsoever."

"I know right."

~~

sorry this was such a short chapter, i'm trying to get on with the plot but i'm still trying to figure everything out lmao

anyways, i'll try to move the story along more <3