{7}

9:30 AM, Secret Place

Mark was going crazy. He hated how Donghyuck just left them like that, out of nowhere. It was stupid but it wasn't at the same time.

He knew it was because of the wolf thing, he knew it was his fault, but he promised himself to try and make it right. He had to.

During the week that Donghyuck was with them, he felt weird. Almost happier than normal, touchier  than normal.

Mark was pacing back and forth, hands clutching his hair tightly.

He then heard a loud snap, it sounded distant and very very loud. "Are you kidding me? I have super hearing too?! Dear god.."

Since the poor boy was too busy in his own thoughts, he didn't notice Donghyuck standing there beside a tree.

"Hey there, pretty boy." Donghyuck said softly, taking his hand off the tree and moving towards Mark.

Mark's head snapped up, wanting to hug the younger but forced himself not to. He didn't wanna scare him.

"Donghyuck.. it's been 2 weeks. I only have 10 more days left until my month is over." Mark said, his voice quiet.

Donghyuck still didn't accept him. He didn't know what to do. The question he kept asking himself over and over again; should he accept him, or could he accept him?

"Look, Mark, I don't know what you want me to do." The younger's voice was getting a little louder each time he spoke.

"Accept me! Why is it so hard for you to believe that this is all true when it happened in right in front of your eyes?"

"It's not that easy, Mark."

"Well, it could be if you tried."

"You think I haven't tried?!" Donghyuck was practically shouting at this moment, getting angry with what Mark was saying.

The other was taken aback, not used to him yelling. Actually, he never yelled; not like this, at least.

"What's the point of leaving?! You could've stayed! I wouldn't turn into a wolf around you anymore, just so it wouldn't make you uncomfortable!" Mark was never one to shout, or get angry, but this was really pissing him off.

Donghyuck wasn't pissing him off, no, it wasn't him. It was the things that the boy was letting come out of his mouth.

"You cannot make me stay! If I choose to leave, it shouldn't be ANY of your goddamn business!"

With every scream, and every sentence, the boys didn't notice them stepping closer and closer to each other until they became chest to chest. Heavy breathing and the rushed anger that coated their eyes, they both didn't see what was coming until Mark said the one thing that he knew he shouldn't have said.

"Fine, then fucking leave and go back to your mother. I bet you'd want her company more than mine, right?" His voice wasn't a scream, wasn't a shout, it was barely anything at all.

Donghyuck breathed in, taking a step back, watching as Mark's eyes filled with guilt and regret. The younger didn't know what to say, or if he would say anything at all. The anger flooded out of his body and in rushed the sadness, the emotion that drained him for most of his life.

The one thing he felt throughout the years of getting abused; the pain was never there, it was just numb. Everything was numb, everything was different.

And maybe it was because the words were coming from someone he cared about, or maybe it was because he was telling the harsh truth.

He could've left his mother but no, he didn't want to be like his dad. Leaving his mother, that would make her go insane. Instead, he went back home everyday to get a beating from her, like it was no big deal.

He stood there, in front of Mark, who seemed like nothing fazed him at all except for the eyes that told him everything.

Mark gave him one last look, a look of something that the younger couldn't process, before turning around and walking away, into the trees.

And that, was when Donghyuck woke up.