{12}

6:58 AM, Donghyuck's House (Day 4/10)

He wanted it to stop. He wanted the beatings to stop, he wanted every single thing to just stop. Everything was starting to flood all throughout him as he started to feel like he was drowning, drowning in the middle of the ocean where you can't even open your eyes and see anything clearly at all because the only thing you'll be able to see is your death.

He missed Mark, he missed him so much and no matter how many times he repeated to himself that Mark cared, he never believed it because this was all just some silly little crush, right?

There sat Donghyuck wrapped up in his covers, soft cries and whimpers making its way out of him. He hated how emotional he was, he hated how he couldn't control it anymore.

The boy wanted nothing more than to just be in Mark's arms again but he knew it wouldn't happen, he knew they wouldn't happen.

This is all so pointless, he thought, scoffing a little at his own thoughts.

As the cries died down, a loud slam was heard from downstairs and he knew he was going to get a beating.

Out of instinct, he ran to lock his door and quickly pushed his dresser in front of it. He already woke up from a painful headache due to all the stress he was putting on himself and he absolutely did not want to deal with his mom.

"Donghyuck! Come here!" His mom shouted, her words spilling with bad intentions.

He quickly got dressed with new clothes; a black sweatshirt, black jeans, and some high tops. The doorknob rattling could be heard as his mom tried to get into the room. Loud thuds from the door made its way through the boys ears, echoing inside him.

"Shit." He whispered, looking towards his window.

A few seconds of thinking, and a few seconds of yelling from outside his room, he opened the window and swiftly jumped out, making sure to close it back.

Running as fast as he could, he ended up in the secret place again. He always wondered why everything brought him towards this place, like it was trying to pull him even further.

Another set of choked up sobs arrived, his rib cage hurt due to all the shaky breathing that swallowed him.

"I hate being like this, I fucking hate it. Why can't I fucking do anything?!" The boy spun around angrily, his hands gripping tightly onto his hair, yelling into the morning shine, the morning that was way too early for him to be crying.

"You should be careful, people could hear you." A voice spoke from within the trees, one that was way too familiar for Donghyuck.

"What do y-you want, Mark?"

Mark looked at the boy who had tears streaming down his face, his horribly bruised face but somehow still looked beautiful. The disgusting wounds that showed more since the sun was out. Mark wanted to heal all of his scars, his bruises, his wounds, everything.

Mark wanted to hold him close and kiss him for so long but he knew that the other boy hated him.

"I just came here to have some alone time, guess I'm not alone." He scoffed, sitting as far away from Donghyuck as possible, but still close enough to hear him.

A few moments of awkward silence, Donghyuck stood up and looked at the waterfall rushing down the rocks, taking a deep breath and turning to look at Mark, who was already looking at him.

"You gonna leave now? Leave like you always do?" Mark asked, his voice sounding broken, and Donghyuck wasn't sure why it sounded like that if Mark didn't care about him.

"Mark, you know the goddamn reason to why I left."

"Do you accept me or not?" He asked, no emotion laced into his voice anymore.

"N-no." Donghyuck said softly, his voice barely even above a whisper, but Mark still heard.

The older shook his head as he scoffed, getting up from his spot and walking away. Turning around, he remembered to say one last thing.

"I knew you wouldn't. I was hoping, but guess not."