{27}

11:32 PM, Secret Place

Mark managed to fight off four men, but he had twenty left of them to go. He could see Donghyuck behind the tree, and he wanted nothing more to do than protect him but he needed these men out of the goddamn way.

"Come on, Mark." Donghyuck whispered to himself, his hand hurting from gripping the tree bark so tightly.

Mark was doing good, using some of his powers to fight against the men, but everything went downhill once they got to Donghyuck.

Some men saw Donghyuck hiding behind the tree, running off secretly to kidnap him.

"MARK!" Donghyuck screamed out, feeling the men's hands on both of his arms, looking at the wolf who immediately snapped his head towards the voice.

The wolf stepped his paw down, the flame symbol glowing underneath, as fire spread its way over to the men. They tried to step away but the fire followed them wherever they went.

Once Donghyuck realized their grips on him were loose, he pulled off their hands and ran. The men couldn't do anything since the fire was around them in a circle, slowly closing in.

Unfortunately, one of the other men spotted Donghyuck running, pulling out his gun and shooting him in the shoulder and lowering his gun to his leg and shooting once more. He screamed, the two bullets causing him pain that he never would've imagined.

Everything went in slow motion for Mark, at this point, he couldn't process anything. He watched the way the bullet pierced through his lovers skin, he watched the way he fell to the ground in so much pain, and he watched the way one of the men had smiled after.

No thoughts, it was blank.

No feelings, it was gone.

No happiness, it was ruined.

The blue and black sparkles surrounded him once more as he went back to his human form. He stood up straight as he watched the men pull their attention towards him.

"You killed my lover! My fucking lover. None of you are going to live, say your precious goodbyes to whoever." Mark spat, his ice cold eyes looking into each and every soul.

He went down on one knee, his hands on the ground.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get back up." He said his final sentence, the sparkles circling around, revealing the black wolf with bright blue eyes.

One of the men, with slender legs and a tall figure, stepped up, signaling to fight.

~~

It was only a few minutes later, but Donghyuck felt like he was struggling to breathe correctly for a lifetime. He could see Mark fighting off the men, seeing his powers being thrown everywhere.

The wounds were bleeding out, and they were bleeding out fast. His right hand was adding pressure to his left shoulder where the wound was, and his left hand was holding his right thigh.

He felt so much pain, during the moment and currently.

Groaning in pain, he weakly called out, "Mark.." His voice was quiet and his throat hurt like hell.

Due to his super hearing, the wolf's ears perked up, his head turning to the boy who laid there clutching his wounds.

The wolf barked, the men freezing in their spots, literally. It was one of his powers, where he would bark and have his mind tell him that to do, and in this situation, it was to freeze the men to have them stop for a moment.

The wolf ran over to the boy, changing back to its human form while he did. Once Mark got to his lover, he couldn't help but let himself cry.

"Baby, oh my god. I'm so sorry.. I'm so so sorry." He whispered over and over again as his hands came up to softly grab the smaller boys cheeks.

"It's.. o-okay." Donghyuck choked out, pain consuming him as more blood seeped out.

"Let me heal you. Please." Mark begged, his eyes locked with Donghyuck's.

All the younger boy could do was nod softly, slightly moving his body up from the rock he was laying against.

Mark removed the other boys hand from his shoulder, putting his own over the wound. His hand lifted up as he closed his eyes, and Donghyuck could see the bullet squeezing through his skin into the air.

He made out a sound of pain, closing his eyes tight. Mark's hand swiped to the right as the bullet flew over to the direction his hand went in. He then pressed his hand once more into the wound, a blue light making its way onto his skin as the wound closed up and was healed.

Donghyuck sighed in relief, but he could still feel the pain lingering slightly in his shoulder.

Mark then did the same exact thing to his right thigh, getting the bullet out and healing the wound. Donghyuck let out shaky breaths as he looked at Mark.

"We shouldn't have come here." Mark whispered as he moved over to sit by Donghyuck's side.

"No, no. Don't say t-that.. it's all r-right." His voice was still very weak, and he felt like his throat was closing up even more.

"Baby, I have to take care of those guys. Then, we'll take you to a hospital. I promise. I love you." Mark caressed the younger's cheek gently, smiling when he saw the other leaning into the touch.

As Mark started to get up, he felt his hand being pulled on. Donghyuck rested his hands on the older's cheeks, kissing him softly.

He managed to gather all his strength, putting it into the words he was going to say.

"Bare those teeth and snarl, baby." Donghyuck smirked, falling back onto the rock.

Mark smiled, returning back to the other side to finish what he started.

~~

Mark bounced his knee up and down as he waited for the doctors to tell him about Donghyuck. He was getting impatient and had been waiting for over 20 minutes.

Just when he was starting to lose hope, a doctor was making a way towards him.

"Are you here for Lee Donghyuck?"

Mark stood up, "Yes, I am."

"Alright, well I'm sure you've realized that he's lost a lot of blood. He will have to stay here for 3 days. You can visit him now, if you would like." The doctor nodded his head, walking away with clipboard in hand.

Mark slowly walked into the white room, teal curtains pulled over the window. He saw Donghyuck sleeping peacefully, his mouth slightly open and hair messed up.

He sat down in a chair next to the bed, grabbing hold of the younger boys hand. He felt slight movement until he saw Donghyuck's eyes flutter open.

"Mark.." The smaller boy smiled as he said the name he loved so much, looking down at their intertwined fingers.

"I love you." Donghyuck whispered.

Mark leaned up to gently press a kiss onto the younger boys forehead.

"I love you so much more." The two boys smiled as sweet words were exchanged.

~~

omg okk so like school just started and i've been so stressed about it and i've been rlly busy but to make up for it, i wrote an extra long chapter :))

i hope you guys enjoyed!!