{23}

7:30 AM, Mark's Bedroom

"Mark! Wake up, you idiot." The demon lady suddenly appeared beside Mark's bed, trying to shake him awake.

Sighing, she closed her eyes and subtly put a nightmare scene into Mark's dream, hoping the horror would wake him up. Suddenly, Mark gasped and shot up from his pillow, breathing heavily.

"Thank god!" The lady gasped, raising her arms up and down in an exaggerated way.

Mark practically jumped out of his own skin at the voice, his hand slapping to his heart as sweat started to drip down his forehead.

"What the fu- jesus christ, it's so early! Why are you here?!" Mark whisper-yelled, shock evident in his voice.

"I have news, and it's not really that good. Wake Donghyuck up too, he needs to know this."

Mark raised an eyebrow, turning his head to his left as he saw Donghyuck sleeping peacefully. He sighed, gently shaking the small boy, whispering in his ear to wake up.

The smaller boy stirred in his sleep for a moment before slowly opening his eyes, smiling as he saw Mark in front of him.

Soon, his eyes traveled to the lady that was sitting on the edge of the bed, right in front of Mark.

"What's she doing here? What's going on?"

Mark was hit with realization out of nowhere, "Oh! By the way, demon lady, you never told us your name. What is it?" Mark cocked his head to the side.

She gently smiled, "Seolhyun."

"That's a pretty name." Donghyuck spoke, sitting up straight and leaning onto Mark's shoulder.

"Thank you."

Mark chuckled. "Anyways, what was the bad news you had to tell me?"

"Ah, yes. Someone has caught you transforming when you and Donghyuck were playing tag at that secret place. They took a video of it and.. you may be in some deep deep trouble." Seolhyun said nervously.

Mark's eyes instantly widened, unable to form any type of sentences. He gulped, finally forcing words out of his mouth.

"So, you mean to t-tell me.. that some s-stranger knows about my power?" Mark asked, the stutter in his voice clear from nervousness.

Seolhyun just nodded slowly, a sad pout on her lips.

"What are we gonna do?" Donghyuck whispered, softly resting his head on Mark's shoulder.

"I don't know, but I'll try to find more information about this guy. We don't know how much power he might have." Seolhyun spoke, her long black hair slightly moving off her shoulders as she shook her head.

"Thank you, Seolhyun. But if you're a demon, how come you're so nice? Aren't demons supposed to be really rude and evil?" Mark asked, his eyebrow raising.

Seolhyun slapped a hand to her chest, gasping exaggeratedly, pretending to be hurt deeply by Mark's words.

"How could you say that? Oh my god!" She continued her exaggerated act, finishing it off with a small laugh as she reassured them both that she was joking.

"I'm kidding. But, not all demons are like that, you know. You're lucky I'm very nice." She smiled, looking at the two boys who were currently embraced in a hug.

Donghyuck giggled, moving away from Mark to hug Seolhyun, smiling as he felt her hands slowly wrap around his upper back.

It caught her off surprise, but she gladly welcomed the warm hug as she softly smiled.

As they let go of the hug, Seolhyun spoke up once more, "Mark, I've been watching your family for many generations. As you know, no one has ever figured out the secret, some didn't even try at all, which led them to getting their souls taken away forever. You have no idea how proud I am of you."

Mark smiled gratefully, "Thank you."

"I know that my dad got his soul taken away. He said he was too late from figuring out the secret, and he still doesn't know what it is. He told me that he was practically over the moon when he found out I made it. I'll never forget his happiness." Mark chuckled, his hand wrapping in the sheet of the bed.

"Your father and your mother were in love. I was the one who told them it was too late. They had the same thing you both have right now, but they were too late in realizing how much they were in love. The month had passed and your fathers soul got taken, but your mother decided to stay with him no matter what. They never found out what the secret thing was, and I'm pretty sure they have a clue now, considering what's going on between the both of you."

Seolhyun ended her sentence while wiggling her eyebrows in a teasing manner, earning a light punch on the arm from Mark. They all laughed quietly, but it soon died down as they registered what Seolhyun said about Mark's father.

"That's sad.. about your dad, you know. I'm sorry." Donghyuck apologized, especially when he didn't need to, and hugged Mark tightly.

Seolhyun looked down and smiled as she sighed softly, "I'll leave you two to go back to sleep, we'll figure out a plan later on this afternoon. Get some rest, I'll be back. Goodbye, lovebirds."

She sat up from the bed, walking towards Mark's window and disappearing out of thin air, making sure not to miss the small wave goodbye from both boys.

Going back to sleep, they decided to rest before dealing with the trouble they knew was heading closer.