Chapter 5

Raegan's POV

Against my parents wishes, I returned back to my dorm room with Hailey after finally being released from the hospital. Aside from being a little sore and bruised I was fine. I didn't want to miss my summer classes at Stanford University and having to withdraw from the courses would put me behind and it wouldn't look good when I start the application process for their Medical program. I worked so hard to get here and I wasn't about to let a little accident ruin it.

"You're crazy for coming back here." Hailey said as she sat over on her bed while I sat at my desk looking through all the discharge papers I received. "You should be resting at home."

"If you think I'm going to let a bit of soreness, bruises, and some scratches keep me from staying on track then you do not know me that well." I said with annoyance. If it wasn't going to be my parent's giving me a talk on resting then apparently it was going to be her as well. "I'm just going to attend class and then come back here and do homework, like I should of done instead of going to the beach."

"Hey, that's not fair." Hailey quickly snapped. "All you do is study. I was just trying to be a good friend and get you to have some fun. Plus it kind of paid off."

"How did it pay off exactly?" I turned to look at her confused. "I nearly died."

"Ashton Irwin saved you. You got to meet him." She said happily. "This whole incident practically made you famous."

I laughed and shook my head. "I'm not famous."

"Have you not been on your social?" Hailey raised her brow at me and I shook my head again. "Have you watched television at all?

"I haven't been on anything in almost a year." I admitted.  "I haven't watched since the accident."

"Oh my, do I have something to show you."

Hailey lifted herself off her bed and crossed the room to me. She gathered the papers in front of me and put them to the side and opened my laptop. I signed in and then she took control of it. She brought up an entertainment website and a video started playing.

In the video people were yelling in the mix of the windy background as the camera pointed out to the body of water. The camera came into focus and showed a figured carrying someone from the water. They made it to the bank and he laid the lifeless person onto the ground and started chest compressions. The lifeless person was me. My jaw dropped as I watched it played out on my laptop.

"This video has been on every entertainment show, website, and blog." Hailey said after the video was finished. "People keep trying to get a hold of you, your twitter, and Instagram have blown up by Ashton's fans and news people trying to get a comment from you."

"All he did was save me." I said leaning back in my chair completely bewildered by the video. "I guess I don't understand any of it."

"I don't understand how you aren't excited about any of this." Hailey went back to her bed and took a seat on the edge. "You aren't even excited about meeting him. I talked to him for a split second and I thought my heart was going to give out. I know I've played their music around you, are you just not a fan?"

I shrugged. "I like their music but I'm just not heavily into them or anything for that matter right now. I'm just focusing on my studies."

Hailey rolled her eyes. I knew she thought I was out of mind but I brushed it off. "I think he visited me again while at the hospital, like after he had to leave. I think he came back but I don't really remember. It could have been a dream. They had me on so many pain killers for the 24 hours."

I watched as my best friend's eyes lit up and I knew I shouldn't have said anything.

"You should try to get a hold of him. Get on Twitter and tweet him." She suggested but I shook my head. "Why not?"

"I don't want to fuel the fire. I've already told him thank you. I just want to get back on routine to getting this bachelors degree and then applying to Med School. It's not going to easy and you should be taking it a little more seriously if you want to get in too."

"My grades are fine and I'm confident I'll get in and so will you." Hailey smiled at me and pointed at my phone laying next to my laptop. "Go tweet him."

I shook my head again. "No distractions until I'm a doctor."

"You need to have some fun."

"Last time I tried that, I nearly died."

A/N: What do you think so far? If ya like hit the vote button :) I won't make you wait that long for the next chapter  :)