31- Happy

Ashton's POV

My reflection in the mirror showed a rare occurrence, me in a black suit followed by dress shoes and tie. Rarely would I be dressed this formal, but today was the day. The day Raegan and I's families come together in celebrating our union has finally come.

Currently, I was alone in what they called the 'Grooms Room'. My band bates, who were also my best men were helping with the final touches while I waited to make my grand entry. This room was small but enough for what It was used for. The décor could use some updating but what do guys care about a room they'll only held up in for such a short amount of time.

There was a soft knock on the door, followed by a creaking noise of the door opening. I turned to see my mother poking her head inside. I flashed her a smile and waved her on in. She pulled the door shut behind her before coming up to me.

"You look handsome." She smiled, straightening up my tie. "Everyone is nearly ready. How do you feel?"

"Good. I feel really good. Have you seen Raegan?" I asked her and she nodded. "I'm really glad you decided to come. It means a lot to me to have you here."

"Raegan is very persuasive and she really cares about you. If she hadn't made the effort and talked to me, I probably wouldn't have come. I don't agree with your decision, but I accept it.  Raegan didn't want our relationship to be jeopardized over something as this and she begged me to come and give you two a chance to be successful at this marriage."

"She's pretty amazing." I chuckled under my breath.

"That she is." My mother agreed. "Now, I'm going to head back out and help Liz with the caterer. Things will be starting in just a bit."

I watched her walk out the door, but before the door could shut behind her it was pulled opened again. This time it was Raegan and it caught me off guard because we agreed to stay apart until it was time.

She pressed her back against the wooden door as her lips curved into a smile, her eyes looking me up and down. Was she just as surprised to see me in a suit as I was? In all of our months together I've never been this dressed up in front of her and this was the first I've seen her in a more formal dress, long, white, and curve hugging. It clung to her perfectly.

"Everything is shaping up to be something I will never forget. There's so many people out there and everyone looks so happy." Raegan finally said from against the door.

"Are you happy?" I asked.

"Of course." She smiled as she left her post by the door, crossing the room towards me. "Are you?"

"Yes," I couldn't help but smile. She slipped her hands into mine, intertwining our fingers. Her skin was soft to the touch. "I'm ready for this."

There was a knock on the door before the door was opened. Michael stuck his head into the room. He smirked as he spotted Raegan and I. "You've been summoned. Let's get this party started."

We soon walked into a decorated room. Colors of silver and navy were everywhere from the streamers on the ceiling to the table ornaments. I didn't have much hand in the decorating portion of it all, my hand was in the securing the food and location. Raegan and Liz, with the help of the wedding planner out did themselves and I'm beyond impressed with how everything turned out.

Once we found our way to the front, everyone who was standing took to their seats as they continued staring at us with smiles. Both Raegan and I were handed microphones to speak into. I tapped the top of it and an echoing tap could be heard faintly.

"Welcome family and friends to this wonderful day." I started out saying. "Raegan is shy so I'll be doing most of the speaking right now. On behalf of us both, we're happy you've decided to come out and join us today in celebrating our union. We've prepared some words for each other that we would like to share in front of all you, but first I think we should eat."

With a wave of my hand waiters weaved around the tables with plates. I took my own seat beside Raegan as a plate was placed in front of me. A lot of the work went into deciding the menu for today, a task I was more than excited to accept. Most of the time after getting the venue locked down was dedicated to food testing. I must have tasted twenty different choices before landing on the beautifully arranged plate in front of me consisting of chicken smothered in honey lemon sauce paired with baked asparagus. It was simple because what I had picked for dessert was going to do it in for everyone. Peach Cobbler straight out of the oven. Just thinking about it now made my mouth water.

The room was full of talking mixed with a lot of laughter. Dessert had finally ben served and for a moment the room went silent as everyone tasted heaven on plate. Pleased with my decision because I knew I made everyone's stomach happy, I just sat and smiled until it was time for more talking.

Michael, who sat beside me stood to his feet with his wine glass in one hand and the microphone in the other. Everyone slowly stopped talking and gave him their attention. "I would like to start off by saying how amazing this food was." Michael said after clearing his throat to quiet the remaining talkers. He moved around the table towards the center of the room. "Secondly, I'd like to congratulate Ashton and Raegan. Thirdly, I'd like to say thank you to Raegan because you make Ashton happy and as one of his best friends I can tell firsthand the positive change of happiness you brought into his life. I hope one day we all can have a love this pure and happy. May you have many wonderful and happy years to come." He lifted his glass to the sky in a toast before bringing it down and taking a sip. He held out the microphone to Raegan who looked terrified.

"You can do this." I whispered to her. I guess she wasn't expecting it to be her turn to talk so soon. She stood to her feet and I could hear her take in a deep breath before letting it out slowly to calm herself.

"Hi," Raegan said awkwardly into the mic. "Forgive me, I'm not one for speaking in front of large crowds." I softly rub her lower back in a comforting motion as she stood next to me. "It's no secret to how Ashton and I met. Most of you, I'm sure, have seen the video. A few weeks later, he tracked me down at school because he wanted to check-in and see how I was doing. It was that moment I believe things started to bloom, but I was hesitant and stubborn. At that time all I wanted was to get through the semester and get into Medical School. Having fun with a drummer wasn't in the plans, but I eventually hung out with him and it just went on from there until we had a falling out. I still feel bad about it all, but he doesn't hold it against me. I'm thankful for that. Ashton has held me about water more than ever the last six months and I don't know what I would have done without him. He's given me the swimming lesson's I didn't know I needed." She paused and looked down to me. "I can honestly say being here and with him makes my heart happy. I feel so at ease and carefree knowing I have someone so understanding and amazing standing beside me. I love you, Ashton."

I quickly stand to my feet and embrace my crying wife in my arms. I know she hated every moment of speaking but I'm proud of her. She's come a long way and knowing how much I've helped her in so many ways brought warmth to my heart. I took the mic from her and helped her back down to her chair, kissing her before I looking out to the crowd of people watching.

"I fucking love this woman. There was something about her from day one that I just couldn't let go. I tracked her down because I had to get to know her. I wanted to know her story and when I did, she blew me away. Not only was she smart but she's beautiful and has a heart of gold. This woman is going to be a doctor, out there saving lives and I couldn't be more proud of her and everything she has and will accomplish. I know times will be hard but I have every bit of faith we'll make it through. I know I can make it through anything as along as have you by myself, Raegan." I grabbed my glass off the table in front of me. "Here's to us, our love, and happiness."

I sipped to my toast with nothing but love in my heart. Love for the woman beside and all of my friends and family out in front of me. I pulled Raegan to her feet. Her smile mirroring my own as I leaned in, pressing my lips to her. I could hear yells and whistles in the background as I submerged myself in the bliss of my love, my happiness.

A/N: How do you like that for a last chapter? Epilogue, yes or no? I'll write one if enough people request it. If not, I'll mark this as complete and kiss it goodbye ***NOW COMPLETED**** no one voiced for a epilogue.

Please Vote and comment what you think about this story.

If you want to read more things by me, please check out my page for other stories. :)