Chapter 19- Apologies

Raegan's POV

"Wonderful view, isn't it?" Ashton said with a blank stare, looking out to sun setting with flicker of fireworks in the distance. "It's good to see you, Raegan."

"What are you doing here?" I asked completely taken back by his sudden presence. He's the last person I expected to see right now.

"Well I came to wish Rodger Averys a wonderful New Year and thank you him for all he's done with our latest album. I dropped off a fruit basket to him and his lovely wife." Ashton turned to me and gave me a small smile before looking away. "A little birdie told me you might be here too. I guess you could say that's the entire reason I flew over here really. The fruit basket, in reality is just an excuse so I could see you."

I raised my brow as I got a strong whiff of alcohol coming off of Ashton as he spoke. "Are you drunk?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm a bit toasted." He laughed as I nervously looked around for any sign of Blake. I wasn't sure how everything would go down if Blake showed back up and seen me talking to an obviously drunk Ashton. "Don't worry, I made sure your boyfriend was distracted before coming to find you. I might be drunk, but I'm stupid."

"Why are you drunk, it's still so early." I questioned him still nervous, regardless of his reassurance.

"Because it took me getting drunk to have the courage to get on the flight to come here, to talk to you." He said softly. "Call me pathetic if you want, but I'm just happy to see you because I miss your face."

"Hailey told me she's been talking to you." I told him as I decided it was time to clear the air with him. He above all, deserves it. "We hashed it out earlier, we're not friends anymore."

"Hailey is an interesting person, to say the least. She kept trying to hit on me. More so today, after she told me what you thought of me."

I rolled my eyes as I felt my blood boil. "Why would I expect anything less." I whispered more to myself but Ashton heard it clearly.

"I never entertained her in that way, of course. I only was talking to her when it came to you." His face fell as he pursed his lips together. "She told me you thought I was just using you as a publicity stunt or some shit." Ashton turned to me and placed his hands on my shoulder, using his hazel eyes to stare deeply into mine. "Raegan, I never once had that intention. Please understand that. I don't know who told you what or what you might have over heard but that was never the case. I care about you deeply. You are beautiful and beyond smart. I couldn't even fathom doing that to you because you are an amazing person who makes me happy."

I felt lost for words and all I wanted to do was apologize to him. "Ashton I am so sorry for leaving. I should have never listened to the rumors."

He smiled as he pulled me close, my head pressed against his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. "My flight is leaving soon." I could hear him say. "You should return to your date, though I would keep him on a short leash because he's too big of a flirt if you'd like my unpopular opinion." Ashton released me as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Blake is quite the charmer." I sighed crossing my arms. "Will you be okay flying even though you're drunk?"

"I'll be fine. Vegas is a short distance, I'll be there in no time." Ashton smiled giving me some relief from worrying about him. "Landon, will be at the airport to pick me up and take me safely back to where we're staying."

"I'd feel bad if you ended lost in some city while drunk. Please let me know when you get there?" I said, returning the smile.

"I will." He said slowly back up from me. "I'll see you around, Raegan."

I watched as he soon disappeared in the crowd of people, leaving me to stand here feeling somewhat empty. Feeling like I now wanted to be alone, I walked off in the crowd of people to search for Blake to tell him I was going to head back to his house to lay down. I was no longer in the mood for festivities tonight.

I searched for Blake with no luck of finding him. His phone, after ringing a few times would eventually go to voicemail, and I felt like I was going in circles trying to find him, so I gave up. I took the elevator back down to mail floor and called a cab. Giving him one last call, I left a message.

"Hey," I said into my cell phone. "I don't know where you went to because I've looked everywhere, but anyways I'm catching a cab back to your place. I'm feeling a little sick so I'm going to lay down for a while."

I ended the call just as the cab pulled up and I quickly climbed in. I let out a long sigh as I stared at my phone wishing Blake would of answered. I had a slight hope he would have just came back with me even though I wanted to be alone. It was safe to say I really didn't know what I really wanted other than I knew I didn't want to be surrounded by a ton of strangers.

The traffic was pretty thick until we reached outside of the city. Once out city limits we were pulling up in the driveway in no time. The first thing I noticed as we pulled up was Blake's car in the driveway. Which means, Blake was home.

I unlocked the front door with the spare key he had given me and entered the quiet house. It didn't make sense why he would be home early, especially with not having said anything to me about it. Surely he'd asked me to ditch out with him, even if he had forgotten something and needed to come back.

I climbed the stairs to the second floor, after peeking into the kitchen and living room to look for Blake. His bedroom door, once shut, was now cracked. I reached the door and was about to push it open and say something to him, when I caught myself seeing the scene in front of me.

Blake was on his back with Hailey on top of him. She was straddling his hips, rocking back and forth with a fast pace. His hands out in front of him, grasping for her. Moans repeatedly leaving both of their lips.

I covered my mouth, not wanting to make a sounds. Tears started to fall as I slowly backed away from the cracked door. I wanted to burst open the door and wreak havoc on them both, but I couldn't bring myself to actually do it. My chest was starting to build pressure from me holding everything in. I bit my lip to hold in my screams as I finally turned and ran back down the stairs and out the door, slamming it behind me. I pulled out my phone and called the first person that came to mind.

"Hello?" Ashton said answering the phone.

"Where are you?" My voice cracked as I asked him.

"Raegan are you crying? What's wrong? I'm in the car about to be at the airport." He said quickly.

"I need you. Please, Ashton. I don't think I can be alone right now." I sobbed into my phone. I could hold it in any longer as the flood gates opened and I completely lost it.

"I'm on my way," He said without hesitation. "Where are you?"

"Rose Hill Drive in the Blossoming Garden Estates just outside city limits," I managed to get out. "I'll be at the beach... down the road from here."  My voice trailed off as I hung up the phone.

A/N: Happy Thanksgivings fam! Hit that vote button if ya like this chapter!!!