30- Hidden Beach

**Hi, so there's some smut towards the end of the chapter. I bolded the font of the first sentence. Enjoy!

Ashton's POV

The three of us sat around the circular dining room table. The time we spent eating was quiet except for complimenting my mother on the food. I was so use to restaurant food, fast food, or any food that was a quick on the go type that eating a home cooked meal prepared by my mother was more than satisfying. It made me miss being here and doing this every day. I hoped this visit would ultimately sway my mother's mind so we could do this more often. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

"Your siblings should be back for diner. I haven't told them you're here, I thought they may like the surprise." My mother said after setting her silverware on the plate and pushing it away from her. "Are they attending the reception?"

"Yes," I responded with a smile. "They seemed to be excited about it. A lot of people are excited about it."

"I feel like that was a jab at me, Ashton. I'm sorry I didn't give you the reaction you hoped for."

The table went quiet again. I looked over to Raegan who was now picking at the remainder of her food. I could tell she was slightly uncomfortable about my comment to my mother and I should apologized for it later but right now I was still hurt by it all. I wanted my mother there and it sucked she wouldn't be.

"You still have a seat a table if you decide to attend." I finally murmured standing to my feet picking up My plate and taking it to the kitchen. As I rinsed my plate, I took this moment to breath and shake everything off. I felt a presence beside me and out of the corner of my eye I see Raegan. She didn't say anything as she leaned her head against my shoulder. I took her plate she was holding and cleaned it off. "You ready to go?"

"Yes, but would you be opposed if I talked to your mom? I don't want to make things worse between you two, but I have something I would like tell her." Raegan whispered.

"Go ahead. I'll be in my room gathering a few things for us." Raegan gently squeezed my arm before turning back in the direction on the dining room.

I had no idea what Raegan was going to tell her but I wasn't concerned about it. I trusted her with whatever it was because worst case scenario was my mother telling us to leave. If it came to that, then so be it. I didn't want negative people in my life and she was going to be negative then maybe she shouldn't be in life after all. It pains me think such a thing but I'm only trying to do what's best for me and what would make me happy.

I unzipped our suitcases and found our swimwear and set them aside before putting out clothes to wear over them on the drive there. I was beginning to grow anxious as minutes passed and Raegan hadn't come back. I took a seat on the bed attempting to extend my patience in waiting. A part of me wanted to check on how things were going but I knew everything was okay. I took in a deep breath and let out slowly just as the bedroom door opened.

Raegan quickly came in and closed the door. She grinned widely and gave me a thumps up. "It took some convincing, but I think your mom is a little more comfortable with us staying married. We had a little heart to heart." Raegan explained still standing at the door. "I told her of my concerns and how I wasn't for it in the beginning but at the end of the day, I decided to take the risk. I told her how I felt about you and that I wanted nothing but our happiness."

"You're fucking amazing." I said, jaw dropped at the magic she waved with my mother. I flew across the room, cupped her flawless face in my hands and place my lips on her. She smiled as I pulled away, I turned back towards the bed and grabbed her swimsuit I had set out. I tossed it her and she caught it smoothly. "Put this on."