Chapter 20

Ashton's POV

When I found Raegan she was sitting on a large rock overlooking the ocean, her knees pressed to her chest as she held them to her. There was a chilly breeze sweeping over the water and as I came closer, I could see her shivering. I quickly removed my jacket and placed it over her shoulders.

"You found me," She said. Her voice was hoarse and shaky. "I had to get away from there and I knew this was close by."

I took a seat beside her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder bringing her under my arm for warmth. "What happened?" I asked her as she nudged closer. I could smell the slightest of floral fragrance floating off of her. "You sounded hysterical."

"I was, I still am honestly," She whispered. "I came back to the house to find Blake in bed with Hailey. I feel so confused as to how that could of happened."

I felt bad for her because no on deserved what she was going through. The pain of betrayal was definitely no joke and I knew how it felt. I also knew no words would ease her pain so I only pulled her closer.

"Am that easy to just cast away? Is there something wrong with me?" She asked me in a monotoned voice.

"Of course not," I shook my head. "There's something wrong with him because I don't see how he could do that to you when you're the complete package."

"Is that what your friends said to you when I left that night?"

"Yes," I answered honestly. There was no point in lying, it would be of no help in the end. "But they also didn't know why you left. Once they know what actually happened, what you had heard, they'll be more understanding. We've all fallen victim to rumors."

"I don't know what to do now. I can't go back to the dorm, I can't face him, and my parents aren't home. How do I even go about talking to them or to anyone about this? I feel like I'm failing at relationships. I'm fucking drowning in all of this." Raegan pulled away and got to her feet. My jacket still clung around her shoulders. "Sometimes I wish the ocean would have just taken me, because then I wouldn't have hurt you. I wouldn't have to deal with all this hurting. It's like karma is paying me back."

"Don't say that," I raised my voice to cut off anything else she had to say. I was shocked by her outburst. "What you're going to do, is take it day by day. I'm fine, so don't worry about what happened between us because that's the past and I just want us to forget all that. You don't have to explain to anyone what you just saw or even confront them right now."

Before Raegan could say anything, a car horn sounded and I knew it was my ride to the airport signaling my flight would soon be leaving without me if I didn't hurry. I watched as Raegan turned her attention to the sand beneath her feet. I hadn't realized he lack of shoes until I look down and seen her too high heels beside me.

"Come with me," I said standing to my feet and picking up her shoes. "Come to Vegas with me. You're on break from classes for a few more days and I think you just need to get away from here."

I watched as she rolled around the idea, hoping she would agree but given her track record I wasn't so sure. Her lips pressed together firmly before giving a small smile. "Okay. I'll go with you."

I grinned, "Put on my jacket and get on my back. I'll piggyback you to the car. I don't know how you could walk in these things." I held up her shoes.

"Takes some practice." Raegan said as she slipped on my jacket while walking back to the rock and climbed on top of it. I turned around and she grabbed onto my shoulders, hoisting herself on to my back, gripping my waist with her thighs to keep from falling. With my shoes free hand, I hold on to her thigh for extra support and I couldn't help but notice how soft and smooth her skin was. "I feel like I'm mooning the entire beach. There's definitely a draft of cool air on my ass." She laughed as I felt her shift, trying to pull her dress down.

I get her up to car that was parked on the small paved parking lot and she released me from the tight grip of her legs and quickly straightened out the lavender dress that hugged her chest and flowed out loosely to a few inches above her knees. She looked breathtaking and I wish I could tell her but I didn't want to change the atmosphere and ruin what we had going on.

"Is everything okay?" She eyed me as I reach for the door to the backseat of the car, opening it for her.

"Yes," I said. "Why?"

"You just had this look and I wasn't sure if everything was okay." She slid in the car and I followed before closing the door.

"The slightly more sober me was admiring how stunning you look." I immediately looked away out towards the window as the car started moving. There I said it.

"Thank you," She said. I felt her shift in her seat closer to me as she laid her head on my shoulder. "After everything today, I don't really feel good about myself and it's nice to know that you think I look nice."

I leaned my head over and rested it against hers. When I decided to take the short flight here so many hours ago, this was definitely not how I expected it to end. I expected, hoped for anyways, an apology to which I got. I expected to us to part on good terms and leaving all that happened in the past as we moved on with our lives.

What I didn't expect was that I would be making the flight back with her beside me. I was excited but also nervous and I heavily wished it was under better circumstances.

A/N: So I was super sick earlier this week and I'm just now feeling back to my normal self. So if you follow me on Instagram and seen my insta-story thing, you seen the cover of my very possible next book I'll write once this is over. But anyways, please show me some love on this story because it's an excellent way to let me know you're enjoying it.